PDA

View Full Version : 7cs/8 2 handed, $5-10

04-16-2002, 07:30 PM
This hand is more of an amusement than a serious question.

him: xx Ah

me: (Kd Qs) 4s

I bring in, he calls

4th st

him: xx Ah 9c

me: (Kd Qs) 4s Qh

he bets, I call

5th st

him xx Ah 9c 6c

me (Kd Qs) 4s Qh Qd

I check, he bets, I raise, he calls

6th st

him xx Ah 9c 6c Ac

me (Kd Qs) 4s Qh Qd 5s

he checks, I bet, he raises, I call.

one check raise deserves another!

7th

him xx Ah 9c 6c Ac x

me (Kd Qs) 4s Qh Qd 5s (4h)

he checks, I bet, he calls.

Thoughts?

results to follow

04-17-2002, 05:30 AM
He should've raised on 3rd and taken the pot then.

04-17-2002, 03:55 PM
If luckbox is the bring-in, I would not raise on third. Was the Ace acting right after the bring-in? Maybe he is slow playing xA/A to bring others in. If he was late to act, he failed to raise and is more likely going low. Maybe raising on 4th would have the desired effect if his opponent was going low and caught the 9.

On sixth street I would surely check behind. He has vastly improved pairing his ace door card and having 3 clubs on board. He may have a scoop working. Then if he bets into you on the river, because he thinks he is ahead, you can raise if you fill up.

-KeithO

04-17-2002, 04:26 PM
When I say this was played 2 handed, I mean there were only 2 of us at the table. Rather a fun game though maybe a bit silly. Many hands much weaker than normal are sometimes played. I didn't raise the pair of Q's because:

a) he might still make a low while I cannot and

b) I wanted to retain the chance of winning a big pot if I should improve (not yet having shown much strength).

On 6th, I thought the raise would prevent a free card to a flush draw, and maybe win big against aces up. In retrospect, I guess it is too aggressive, considering the combined possibilities of a flush, trip A's, and a low draw.

Anyway, he had:

(Kc 8c 7d) Ah 9c 6c Ac

so I won with

(Kd Qs) 4s Qh Qd 5s (4h).

A lucky draw on the end made it amusing for me.

04-17-2002, 07:05 PM
That's the sort of hand I put him on.

Man, he was *crazy* not to raise you on 3rd street. Or fold and wait for the next hand.

04-19-2002, 12:37 AM
Hard to bring others in when its a heads up game.

04-19-2002, 08:51 AM
Was this heads up play? Why didn't he raise 3rd St?

Anyway, I'da checked behind on 6th I think...ermm...no, actually I wouldn't have, I'd bet too. Well played.

G