PDA

View Full Version : Sandwiches...if that intrigues you than please read

Evan
10-26-2004, 12:40 AM
Okay, this is about as far off topic as anything. How long will a sandwich stay edible in the freezer? If it matters the sandwich in question is a buffalo-chicken parm.

Why would anyone ask such a ridiculous question? Well I'm at college now and I've been craving a particular sandwich from a particular deli in a particular town that is too far away form my particular apprtment to make regular trips. So my plan (which should be obvious by now) is to buy 20 or 30 of said sandwiches at once and eat them over the course of the week (ok, maybe 2 weeks).

Any expertise (or pure guesses that exude a fair amount of confidence) in the field will be greatly appreciated.

ThaSaltCracka
10-26-2004, 12:43 AM
I would guess a week or so.

wacki
10-26-2004, 12:44 AM
In a freezer? Sandwiches would be fine for a very long time, but would get soggy. I've thawed meat that was 6 months old and was fine.

In the fridge... different story.

edtost
10-26-2004, 12:45 AM
minus the roll, a buffalo chicken parm should last somewhere around the rest of the semester in your freezer, maybe 10 days in the fridge. frozen rolls get nasty though.

[edit]: i would furthermore recommend that you just get like a tray of buffalo chicken, so that the buffalo chicken parm can be alternated with the ever popular buffalo chicken/bacon/melted mozzarella.

Evan
[ QUOTE ]
dethawed meat

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell is that???

BottlesOf
http://cuckoo.com/daniel/pictures/albums/mics-grossfood/IMG_0251.sized.jpg

wacki
10-26-2004, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dethawed meat

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell is that???

[/ QUOTE ]

corrected it. As I've said before, my spelling is horrible. I'm doing several things at once and I'm not paying too much attention to my grammer. I meant thawed/unfrozen.

ThaSaltCracka
10-26-2004, 12:48 AM
I don't get it.

Evan
10-26-2004, 01:17 AM
This is probably a good idea. I like the way you think.

p.s. you still owe me for introducing you to that sandwich.

sfer
10-26-2004, 01:27 AM
Evan before.
http://www.alanjohns.fsnet.co.uk/goldmember/mini-me-1.jpg

Evan after.
http://www.mtv.com/shared/media/news/images/p/Powers_Austin/sq-fat-bastard-goldmember-newl.jpg

sfer
10-26-2004, 01:28 AM
Don't you live a 20 minute walk from Katz's?

Evan
THAT'S AWESOME!!! Thanks dude.

Evan
i dunno, where is it?

sfer
10-26-2004, 01:33 AM
You should be ashamed.

Evan
10-26-2004, 01:37 AM
Ummmm.....I am. But where the hell is it? I wanna be that second guy and you're holding me back.

Lawrence Ng
10-26-2004, 07:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, this is about as far off topic as anything. How long will a sandwich stay edible in the freezer? If it matters the sandwich in question is a buffalo-chicken parm.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Why would anyone ask such a ridiculous question? Well I'm at college now and I've been craving a particular sandwich from a particular deli in a particular town that is too far away form my particular apprtment to make regular trips. So my plan (which should be obvious by now) is to buy 20 or 30 of said sandwiches at once and eat them over the course of the week (ok, maybe 2 weeks).

[/ QUOTE ]

One word: Gross.... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif Unless these sandwiches are nutritious and healthy for you, you shouldn't eat so many. Still after 2 weeks, a lot of the freshness has depleted reducing the nutrition even further.

daveymck
10-26-2004, 08:04 AM
Since when did anyone in the US worry about eating anything with nutrition in it.

Luv2DriveTT
10-26-2004, 08:35 AM
Evan:

M&O Deli is in Soho, right by your job. Its a fantastic place to get the killer sandwich. Katz's is near WS (funny how I have to use poker rooms as landmarks) but on houston.

Personally - I'm a snob. I don't do leftovers. For dinner I make reservations, or eat a power bar. Hard to get delivery in Jersey City, everything stops at 9PM and it takes them 1 hour or more to deliver. I WANT FAST FOOD!

The most important thread of the month award goes to....... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Luv2DriveTT
10-26-2004, 09:34 AM
1) Try getting 2 first, freeze them for 2 weeks, and if they are still fresh - then YHIG!

Personally, I think frozen chicken parm is -EV, but you are better at the math than I am.

turnipmonster
10-26-2004, 11:35 AM
dude! wtf!? you don't know about katz's? I'm a vegetarian and I know about katz's.

--turnipmonster

Evan
10-26-2004, 12:01 PM
okay, I get it guys. I'm a very bad human being for not knowing where this place is, I can admit that. Can someone please tell though. I PMed SFer last night and he responded with some giberish about The Big Lebowski and ethos.

First one to tell me where Katz is will win my everlasting love and affection.

astroglide
10-26-2004, 02:40 PM
goddamn dude, just throw it away

sfer
10-26-2004, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
. I PMed SFer last night and he responded with some giberish about The Big Lebowski and ethos.

[/ QUOTE ]

STFU Donny, you're out of your element.

beerbandit
10-26-2004, 03:56 PM
after freezing a sandwich im sure that the taste will not be nearly the same. i dont believe that it is even worth it, but before you buy 20-30 sandwiches (prob. 100-200 bucks) id try it with one sandwich and make sure that when you reheat it (maybe best in a toaster oven, def. not a microvwave) that you can still enjoy it.

i personally would rather use my freezer space for popsicles and booze.

cheers
beer

B Dids
10-26-2004, 04:27 PM
I've never been to NY, and I live on the other side of the nation... but I HAVE been to google.

I would assume this is the place (http://www.katzdeli.com/)

You lose at teh intarweb.

BottlesOf
10-26-2004, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone please tell though. I PMed SFer last night and he responded with some giberish about The Big Lebowski and ethos.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO!

It's on Houston....south side of the street, near Ave. A. There's a big neon sign, you should be able to see it.

20 minute walk though....Winter's coming up....this isn't exactly a hop skip and a jump.

Evan
10-26-2004, 05:14 PM
I live on Fulton St. guys. I've never walked to Houston and I doubt I ever will. I will try to make a trek over there soon though. Thanks for the info.

FWIW Dave eventually did PM me with the address, so I guess that cancels out his giberish PM. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

sfer
10-26-2004, 05:51 PM
You asked about my avatar. I answered. So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

Evan
10-26-2004, 05:58 PM
Why is it you keep calling me Donny?

Luv2DriveTT
10-26-2004, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
STFU Donny, you're out of your element.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well.... thats just like.... your opinion.... man.

Wait a second, It's uh, it's down there somewhere.
Lemme take another look.

Luv2DriveTT
10-26-2004, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is it you keep calling me Donny?

[/ QUOTE ]
DONNY
How come you don't roll on Saturday,
Walter?

WALTER
I'm shomer shabbas.

DONNY
What's that, Walter?

DUDE
Yeah, and in the meantime what do I
tell Lebowski?

WALTER
Saturday is shabbas. Jewish day of
rest. Means I don't work, I don't
drive a car, I don't f/images/graemlins/club.gifcking ride in
a car, I don't handle money, I don't
turn on the oven, and I sure as sh/images/graemlins/spade.gift
don't f/images/graemlins/heart.gifcking roll!

DONNY
Sheesh.

DUDE
Walter, how--

WALTER
Shomer shabbas.

Script (http://www.angelfire.com/movies/moviefreak/lebowski.html)