PDA

View Full Version : Passive/Aggressive flush-draw. Party 10/20 10-handed.

innebandy
10-26-2004, 12:15 AM
Background: I've recently been reading SSH and I'm working on my natural tendency to be too passive post-flop.

I have a few questions on the hand below (pre-flop and flop).

1. I almost never cold-call pre-flop. I believe this was one of those rare times when it was fine. Agree? If not, why?

2. I've been getting better about raising w/ flush-draws on the flop. But 3-betting? I did and it felt right, but I just don't know. What's your thought process here?

3. UTG check-capped the flop. How does that impact my play on the turn assuming the turn is a blank? My only read on him is that he seems loose pre-flop. No read on UTG+2 and MP1 is loose-aggressive. (Only my 3rd orbit at table so reads are not very reliable.)

4. What if I hit a pair on the turn? Say Queen of diamonds.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $10.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO (poster) calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

innebandy
10-26-2004, 04:56 PM
Bump.

Anybody?

JasonP530
10-26-2004, 07:02 PM
Was a good 3 bet that was trying to earn you a free card on the turn. The UTG check cap means a big pair I think(as opposed to 66). Looks like you need to hit the flush. Your reraise was good on the flop, as you would have gotten him to fold AK or AQ if he had it, which probably would have cleared up some of your outs. Cant fold now, pot is too big.