PDA

View Full Version : Hello,Players, You're...

04-13-2002, 01:15 PM
live on 4th Str. with Q's and 6's while one of your two opponents pairs his doorcard with T's.

Let's assume this opponent is a conservative player.

He bets 2/5 BB,the other opponent ,a loose player,calls.

What would you do?

Small pot1-5 no ante game.

Happy pokering,

Sitting Bull

Assuming you are in a 20-40 game with 3 ante,5 bring in.

If there is about 70.00 in the pot on 4th, what would U do then?

Hmmm??

04-13-2002, 03:52 PM
Impossible to answer without info on the action on 3 street.

JN

04-14-2002, 02:24 AM
"He bets 2/5 BB,the other opponent ,a loose player,calls."

Your post is not clear. He bet $2 or 2 bets? There are 5 big bets in the pot?

If he bet $2, gets called and it is to you. You are getting 14 to 1 to call. You have 4 outs to fill up, out of 38 unknown cards. That's 8.5 to 1. You call.

If he bet 2 bets $10 and there is $25 in the pot (5 big bets), gets called. There is $35 in the pot, you have to call $10. Your are getting 3.5 to 1. You Fold.

I ran just your hand 6Q/Q6 and 3T/TT in a poker sim heads up. The trips win 80% of the time. Thats why you generally fold when your opponent pairs his door card unless the pot is very big.

-KeithO

04-15-2002, 02:34 AM
split Q's,conservative player calls with the "T" showing,and loose player calls with "I don't remember ".

Sitting Bull

04-15-2002, 02:51 AM
of a big bet or 2.00 in this case---1/5 no ante stud.

Although I have 4 outs to fill up,I don't consider the "ignorant end of a full-house" an "out.

If he has a set of T's and I obtain 6 full of Q's, I'm in serious trouble against a set of T's on 4th Str.

By calling,I'm placing myself in danger of falling a victim to the "Butterfly Affect" discussed by Nolan Dalla in one of his articles.

Final results

T's bet max,loose player called and I folded Q's and 6's.

****On 5th I would have connected with the upper end of the house---Q's full of 6's---LOL!

*******However,I still believe that I made a good decision by folding early.

Happy pokering,

Sitting Bull

04-15-2002, 02:54 PM
While it's possible he's trying to slow play (with a $2 bet) trips on 4th street, at this level, I would think it's just as likely that he called your third street raise (you didn't say how much you raised -- was it the max???), not with an underpair to your Queens, but a straight or flush draw. Now, he representing trips.

I would raise the max here, and see what he does. If he just calls, you're still likely to get it heads up, and it's possible you'll get a free card on 5th.

I wouldn't fold to a $2 bet here since the structure of 1-5 Stud affords you better implied than pot odds.

Doc.

04-17-2002, 04:11 AM
Then you should fold, since if T calls a raise (as his first action) on 3rd street from a higher upcard, it is very likely that you are up against a pair of T's on third street. U only have about 25% to make a boat, which might even loose to a higher boat, if you catch another 6.

JN