PDA

View Full Version : Secret Karl Rove Memo Released

LinusKS
10-25-2004, 11:48 PM
This is just part of it.

You can read the rest of it here. (http://www.prospect.org/web/page.ww?section=root&name=ViewWeb&articleId=8694)

(Excerpt: memo from Karl Rove to George W.)
You know what I’m talking about, W. Say I’m the Undertaker’s hombre, not yours. I’d be playing it exactly the way he’s playing it. Leave the best till last. Leave the Achilles heel exposed till right about now, 10 days before the election, when the undecideds finally pay attention. Then -- wham! Hit ’em with:

How safe will America be with the man who let 9-11 happen?

Can’t ya just hear that Massachusetts drone, Dubya?

“George W. Bush, how can you claim to be the homeland’s stand-tall sheriff, the unflinching go-it-alone leader, the decisive, these-colors-don’t-run commander in chief when you let 20 no-account sand fleas slip through the fingers of your CIA, your FBI, your National Security Agency and, in a few short minutes, bring down two of the world’s biggest skyscrapers and dive-bomb the global nerve center of the world’s (and history’s) most powerful military? You have the unmitigated gall to call yourself the “security president,” the man who’ll keep America safe? You lost that title three years, one month, and 15 days ago, Governor -- and you’re fired!”

Frankly, Dubya, I dunno how we counter this. All he’s got to do is re-run that tape where you hear about 9-11 in the school, where your face looks like a groundhog just before the truck squishes it. You knew then that it was all over, didn’t you, Dubya? Fess up.

I know, I know: We deflected the blame. Even when Clarke came along we kept him away from you. Blamed 9-11 on Clinton, the CIA, Clinton, the United Nations, Clinton, Ted Kennedy, Michael Moore, Jane Fonda, and Clinton -- anyone but the guy who was on the bridge, the guy whose watch it was.

Just think what we would have done if it had been Al Gore up there. We’d have crucified him. By now he wouldn’t just have been impeached; he’d be serving 3,000 consecutive life terms. In Alabama. It’s only because the other guys are such pussyfooting quiche-sucking girlie boys that they haven’t been hammering you to a pulp for the last three years.

Now for the serious part of this post: What will it take for the Democratic party to grow some balls?

lastchance
10-25-2004, 11:54 PM
Ok now....

LinusKS
10-26-2004, 12:31 AM
I liked the part about deflecting the blame...

Blamed 9-11 on Clinton, the CIA, Clinton, the United Nations, Clinton, Ted Kennedy, Michael Moore, Jane Fonda, and Clinton -- anyone but the guy who was on the bridge...

I still laugh every time I see that.

lastchance
10-26-2004, 12:37 AM
o0.

Either way, this reminds of me something I wrote a long time ago, and I still find it pretty funny, even though it's a Daily Show rehash.

Why you should crown the son of 41st king

There has been a candidate for president who has been on an amazing roll in his primaries. This candidate has swept 50 of 50 states in his own party's primaries.

This man is George W. Bush. He is loud and clear when it comes to bringing messages across the nation. We all know what George W. Bush stands for. He is the great visionary of our times.

He has completely reinvented the wheel in his presidency in the last four years. His State of the Union addresses have shown new ideas, which are creative and different. He has come through with ideas such as "$15 billion over the next 5 years including $10 billion in new money to turn the tide against AIDS in the most afflicted nations of Africa," "A system in which all Americans have a good insurance policy" and "Clean Hydrogen-powered Automobiles." Forget that George W. Bush has not followed through on any of them, but remember his innovative ideas that bring hope to all of us. He is so innovative that he has called three unrelated countries "axis of evil."

George W. Bush has also brought another frontier to halls of politics. His brilliant idea is that American people should not be told the truth because it is bad for them. His 26 blacked out pages on Saudi Arabia, his fake news programs on Medicare, and his lies about Iraq's weapons program have shown his opinion on the truth. The brilliant subtext of all these decisions is that we, as Americans, cannot handle the truth. The stupidity of the many outweighs the stupidity of the few. We would be a danger to ourselves if we were told the truth and we are too stupid to understand when Bush is lying, so the best way to protect us from this danger called "truth" is to lie.

He has passed a new Medicare bill, which he has recently made more comprehensive by adding $150 billion of new money from 400 billion dollars to 550 billion dollars to support his bill without getting Congress to approve it, bypassing the Constitution of this country to help you, the people. To do this, he simply lied before Congress about the actual money that had been given to this program to get it past, and then "improved" upon this after someone revealed that this program's real price, getting an extra 150 billion dollars budgeted to this new program that will certainly help Americans without getting Congress' approval.

It's like someone telling you that instead of $40 for your new outfit, you must pay $55. Of course, since your outfit is more expensive, than your outfit becomes better just by you having to pay more money. The only difference is that this is the government paying not $15 more, but 150 billion dollars more, which means the Medicare program becomes $150 billion dollars better instead of only $15. Forget moral standards, for even though Bush has lied about his new Medicare program with fake news, it has only been done to help him get reelected by telling you something you wish to hear. "Anyone who has questions about this practice needs to do some research on modern public information tools." If you wish to learn more about this practice, I point you in the direction of George Orwell's 1984.
His brilliant open-minded thoughts have also lead him to support a constitutional amendment not increasing, but actually decreasing the rights of some people, which is clearly a revolutionary and earth-breaking thought.

And let's not forget his war on terror. Bush will let nothing get in the way of protecting you. Civil rights? Who needs those? A right to privacy? Due process? Freedom of the Press? What the hell are you talking about? Also, Bush will not let false information get in the way of protecting your lives. So what if Iraq doesn't actually have any WMD? At least we know for sure now, after going to war on a completely false reason, and fictitious information. We had to go to war on Iraq, or we never would have known about what Saddam did not have.

George W. Bush has also lowered the standard for this kind of preemptive attack by going to war. Now he can do much more things on a mere drop of the hat. By lowering the standards of proof in his office, he can now go after terrorists with a newfound vigilance unhindered by a useless piece of paper we call the constitution of the United States. Only Bush has lowered the standards of his office to lie to the American people when it suits him which means only he has the guts to do everything to protect you, including creating false news about an attack on America to allow him to invade any country he wishes.

Another new revolutionary only Bush has the guts to do is to realize because of this, he will be better against Terrorism than his opponent, John Kerry. Since John Kerry is trying to win against Bush, and if he wins, he will not do a better job against terrorism than Bush, so John Kerry is supporting terrorism. Now take a minute. John Kerry is supporting terrorism. Now, do you want to vote for someone who supports terrorism? Vote Bush 2004!!

- In Washington DC, I'm Karen Ryan

PS. This report may contain "facts," which are completely false and a figment of your imagination.
PPS. Karen Ryan may not exist.