PDA

View Full Version : How big of a difference are the Poker Stars sit and go's from Party's

SaintAces
10-25-2004, 11:27 PM
A few questions:

1. What are some structural differences.
2. What are the skill level differences.
3. Are the two table sit and go's more profitable [than the one tables]?

thnaks?

lorinda
10-25-2004, 11:36 PM
1. Stars games are timed (10 min levels) and you have 1500 chips. The structure is also slower to rise.

2. Stars players are noticeably better than Party ones, but at the lower levels they are still very mediocre.

3. Personally I find the one table games better, the two table games seem to attract more rocks who think they can limp to fourth place, and although beatable, the rocks make it a tedious journey.

At $50+ the Party games seem significantly easier.

Lori

Klak
10-26-2004, 01:15 AM
i think the rocks at the 2 tables make it easier. when it gets down to about 6-7 at each table, you can start stealing and playing aggressivly. this usually gives you a good size stack going into the final table.

ukgazz
10-26-2004, 03:11 AM
Dont forget the stars turbos (5 minute blinds) These are a lot closer to the party games than the standard Stars ones. There is a thread a bit further down this board that I will be posting a months comparison between the 2 with views at the end of the month....

UKgazz

SaintAces
10-26-2004, 06:16 PM
I have been wondering this.

sparK
10-26-2004, 06:19 PM
Yeah, it's a lot more action Preflop, you tend not to see as many flops and rather just stick alot in preflop (usually all of it) but the people are so horrible they will call with anything which is what I think makes them easily beatable. But if you like to take flops, play stuff out, etc, then I wouldn't suggest a turbo, but still try it out once.