PDA

View Full Version : First Session of 5/10 SH, 2 Hands...be kind

RED_RAIN
10-25-2004, 11:07 PM
Hand 1:
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, CO folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Here I figure I'm not going to get paid by many hands here and open myself to check/raise a lot? Should I be betting this if checked to?

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8.50 BB, between Hero, SB and BB.</font>

Hand 2:
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Just call right?

River: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Should I bet this?

Final Pot: 6 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 6 BB, between Hero and BB.</font>

Nemesis
10-25-2004, 11:17 PM
I bet this at lower limits and get calls semi frequently... i think it's a good value bet overall.

Hand 2 bet the river and fold to a raise.

DrGutshot
10-25-2004, 11:50 PM
Hand 1 I bet this 100% of the time. So often I will get shown ace high, king high, any small pair, etc. Of course, sometimes I do get C/Red, and I cry and call it and usually lose. However, the bets gathered value betting this I think make up for the losses and just a bit more.

I agree with nemesis on hand 2, bet this river and fold to a raise

-DrG

Rounder041
10-25-2004, 11:53 PM
Bet them both, players on there will pay you off wwith horrible hands, alwasy value bet. Value betting those games is very important.

bunky9590
10-26-2004, 12:01 AM
Both lines seem fine to me.

I may very well bet the river in hand 1. The are lots of hands on the party 5/10 6 max that will call that do not beat you there. Check raise, schmeck raise.

Hand 2: Seemed okay to me.

DrSavage
10-26-2004, 12:07 AM
Easy value bet in both hands.