PDA

View Full Version : It has been a while since I've won...

MaGi
10-25-2004, 11:01 PM
I think I'll start tonight in the Large Caps, for real this time. Why are the damned supers so early? I have had time to play in one in the last month only.

Good luck to anyone else playing, don't outdraw me though.

MaGi
10-26-2004, 12:05 AM
1st break I am very slightly above average stack, any other trout playing?

Hickboy
10-26-2004, 12:16 AM
I'm playing in the large caps tourney, since i busted out of the super monday right before it started. I'm on table 2 with around 3k in chips.

MaGi
10-26-2004, 12:50 AM
The trouts are tearing it up, taking over the poker world as it were.

Hickboy
10-26-2004, 02:31 AM
Still going....on table 2 with about 17k in chips. hopefully a final table appearance /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MaGi
10-26-2004, 02:34 AM
Gross finish for me, made what I think was a great call with Jacks when I thought I was in a dominating position in a 3-way pot, I was 66% to win, lost. (JJ vs AK vs AK)

jslag
10-26-2004, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Still going....on table 2 with about 17k in chips. hopefully a final table appearance /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still in it, on your table.. just doubled up with AQo, still pretty short though at 13140.

jslag
10-26-2004, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gross finish for me, made what I think was a great call with Jacks when I thought I was in a dominating position in a 3-way pot, I was 66% to win, lost. (JJ vs AK vs AK)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah ha... now I know who you are. /images/graemlins/smile.gif That was a tough break. I was at your table for a long time (slaggo).

Hickboy
10-26-2004, 02:50 AM
meh, 25th.

jslag
10-26-2004, 02:58 AM
I got lucky and eliminated another short stack, I went all-in with Kd Td with the blinds at 1500/3000 and got called by Ad Qx. King on the flop and I'm sitting at 15683 now. 20 left... hopefully I can catch some hands and get to the final table.

Screen name is slaggo if anyone is watching.

jslag
10-26-2004, 03:22 AM
Out in 12th. 3 limpers to me (blinds 2000/4000), I have Ah 6h in the BB. I raise all-in for 15000 more (19183 total). Two callers, one of them has 88 and hits a set on the flop, other guy had 99. No hearts, Aces, or Sixes to help me. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Did I make the right play... we were 6-handed and I wanted to have a top 5 finish. Should I have taken a "free" look at the flop? There were 13 players left at the time, no real jump in cash until 9th place.

woodguy
10-26-2004, 10:38 AM
I like it.

You probably have as much folding equity as you can get given your stack size, and you have a sooooted A /images/graemlins/grin.gif

As a side note, I have busted my last 3 tourneys (1 in $$$, 2 out $$$) by coming over the top of limpers and being shown AA twice and KK once (I had a smaller pocket pair each time oy!)

I hate limpers, good hands or no.

Regards,
Woodguy

jslag
10-26-2004, 08:30 PM
Yeah, I figured I did have some fold equity there, but at the same time I ignored that little voice in my head that said the big stack was looking to limp re-raise anyways. He had been raising a LOT at the other table (I was watching the final two tables), and I became very suspicious when he limped UTG.

I would have liked to have had two overs, but that was my first Ace in awhile. I had AA and KK once each throughout the tourney, but both times I was not called when I moved in (both came with about 3-4 tables left and would have been great opportunities to double up and reach the final table).

Oh well... I feel like my play is improving at least... The last few cashes I've had, I had at least a decent stack on the bubble and not a measly all-in short stack.

I suppose checking would have been an okay play now that I think about it... it conceals my Ace and saves me chips and elimination if I don't hit the flop hard. Pushing seems okay too, at least mathematically... about 1/3 of the time I'm going to triple up and move up 5-6 spots.

J.

Chaostracize
10-26-2004, 08:40 PM
Knew I recognized your name Hickboy... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

You sucked out on me earlier today /images/graemlins/wink.gif