PDA

View Full Version : a question of ethics

rybones
10-25-2004, 10:03 PM
so as many of you may have figured out poker stars is having some difficulties tonight. on the mmt forum, I read this post:

[ QUOTE ]
played for a long time with 5 people sitting out, now it's just frozen, and i'm really hoping i dont jsut get my money back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, is it me or does this read: "say, I have been screwing these 5 other guys who got disconnected by poker stars server and now that I got disconnected by pokers stars server, I better not get screwed."

I get mad at bad beats and and my own stupid play, but for the most part I don't get too rattled by it. However, it is stuff like this that really gets me. While yes poker does involve lying I still feel this type of crap is just plain unethical. Just my thoughts, and as always comments are welcome.

Ryan

Klak
10-25-2004, 10:08 PM
how are you "screwing people over" by continuing to play when they get DC'ed. was everyone supposed to fold when the disconnected players were in the blinds?

rybones
10-25-2004, 10:11 PM
so the person quoted (note: name not used) did just agree that really all should receive their entry fees back. Alas, I think my faith in humanity is restored. However, I still wonder how others feel?

A challange: you are at an sng full table and 7 get disconnected. without talking about it, the three left realize what is happening and begin to blind off the 7. What would you do?

Ryan

rybones
10-25-2004, 10:16 PM
my point was not that you should necessarily stop playing. Only that complaining about your need for ky jelly was a touch hypocritical when you were perfectly ok with sticking it to others. Either be willing to stop playing or be willing to deal with only getting your entry fees back just as the others will get. If you are going to complain about fairness then really be concerned with fairness is all I'm sayin.

ryan

lastchance
10-25-2004, 10:16 PM
Play the best poker I could, knowing that people were DCed. What else can you do? I might send a letter to the top, but I'm quite lazy, and I tell you, if I got DCed, I probably wouldn't send a letter as well.

Ryner
10-25-2004, 10:19 PM
I'm sure not going to sit around waiting for people who may not even be back for hours.

mason55
10-26-2004, 01:36 AM
Happened to me this afternoon, my computer crashed about 5 hands after it got down to 3 people and just after I took a huge pot to almost bust both people. When my computer FINALLY came back up, I had almost been blinded out but at least one of the other people had busted while I was gone.

I said "oh man my computer crashed, I really got blinded away while I was gone." and the guy that was left replied "oh yeah, I was going as fast as I could."

now, i realize he shouldn't have been waiting for me to come back or anything, but I couldn't believe he'd actually say that to me.