PDA

View Full Version : Odds in 7CStud

04-11-2002, 05:48 AM
I would appreciate a little help about the odds.

I was playing ga loose loose game, raised pocket kings early and got about 5 calls. I paired my door card and bet the max, got 5 callers. Bet 5th street. On 6th, 2 people had 3 suited cards so I checked. One guy with 3 clubs bet and was raised by the 3 diamonds. The pot is huge and I'm not very good with the tough decisions. It was 80 cold to me and I had four outs in the deck so I was thinking, I think along Holdem lines, that the pot needed to offer me at least around 800 to draw to my four-outer. I folded. But I think I really blew it afterwards because this 11-1 shot is a holdem figure. I was a much higher shot because I saw about 28 or 24 cards right in front of me and none of my cards were out so there were 24 cards left so I was only a 5:1 shot. I'm a bit confused because 7CSFAP does not ever discuss figuring odds on the later streets, only 3rd street matchup odds. Should I always be aware of how many cards are out?

Anyway, the results are the guy 3bet the raiser and they both had A-high flushes. I'd appreciate any comments.

Joeflex

04-11-2002, 12:46 PM
It's around 7:1 against making a full house when you have two pair with two cards to come in stud. Adjust this for the liveness of your cards. But you'd have to call two bets (at least) now, and one or more bets on succeeding streets, so you've got a reverse implied odds situation. The pot is big, but not huge. If you're convinced that you're up against a flush (and if these are decent players, I'd say you are), I think it's an easy fold. Never mind that you would have caught a King on sixth. /images/smile.gif

04-11-2002, 02:56 PM
I think you were right to fold to two big bets. You don't want to get stuck in a raising war. If the pot was big enough, calling is alright. Sometimes it better to recognize when you hand is in trouble early. There was no way to get the flush draws to fold. Too many callers spells trouble for a big pair.

04-11-2002, 04:41 PM
Should I always be aware of how many cards are out?

If you want the best chance of winning you must know the cards out.

I folded. But I think I really blew it afterwards

You are very likely to be calling 4 bets here (or whaever a cap is). I doubt after betting and raising into another possible flush and your paired door either is gonna slowing down now. I think your fold is right here 99.95%. Even if they don't have a flush between them one of them has aces-up or big trips to bet like this.

Play your best,

Treefrog

04-13-2002, 12:07 AM
Should I always be aware of how many cards are out?

Only if you want to be a winning player. /images/smile.gif

Knowing how the exposed cards effect the strength of your hand may be the most critical skill to develop in Stud.

04-18-2002, 11:16 AM
well they definatly have you beat you know that.There no raising on the come on 6th in this situation.im guessing the pot was about 700 or so.with to two cold bets to you which is 80 u say.Your not aware that the original better is going to three bet it yet.though you know its possible.i think your about a 10 to 1 to hit that full house not sure.BUt you have implied odds or being able to check raise the river knowing at least one guy will call your raise.since you dont really know if your going to have to call three bets on 6th the call for 80(two cold bets) might be worth it.with you and 5 callers that makes 6 people you have seen up to this point 26 cards or so leaving the other remaining 26 with four that make you a winner.(we assume)so roughly 1 out of

6-7 cards help you.So i think that might make you a 6.5 to one shot.Though im not sure.math isnt my strong suit.with a estimated 700 dollars i think the call is worth it. anybody who has a promblem with my math or logic i would love to hear from them thank you chris