PDA

View Full Version : A turn decision with AA

TylerD
10-25-2004, 06:48 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (16.33 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

The button is pretty loose and overly aggressive. UTG+1 I have no read on, and although that cold call could mean anything in this game it certainly gives me something to think about. At the moment I was calling in order to raise the turn.

Turn: (11.16 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font> <font color="green">A blank </font>
UTG+1 checks,

I check and sure enough the Button bets, now the UTG+1 check raises and its two bets to me. Fold or raise?

jordanx
10-25-2004, 06:57 PM
It's likely UTG+1 has KQ, AQ, QJ after the turn check raise.

I'd fold.

PhatTBoll
10-25-2004, 07:01 PM
I don't think you're giving up much by folding here. UTG+1 really really looks like he has a Q, and you're drawing to 2 outs. I'd fold.