PDA

View Full Version : Questionable raise

04-05-2002, 08:24 PM
This was about a week ago, so I don't remember the three hands that folded, but they didn't have what looked to be relevant hands.

The five players who matter

1) (**) 2c

me (AsQh)Ac

3) (**)Ad

4) (**)9s

5) (**)Kh

2 brings it in, I complete. Ad, relatively tight player raises, 9s calls, Kh calls. Ad not tricky enough for high flush raise, so I put her on AA, KK, or QQ. I re-raise and Ad re-re-raises. 9s and Kh both call, deuce folds. At this point I know she has AA, and I am pretty sure that 9s and Kh both have paired their door-cards. (They are pretty loose callers). With one raise left I take it. I'm not sure if that's really advisable, as both my pair are dead. Everyone calls.

4th street,

me (AsQh)AcQs

3) (**)AdQd

4) (**)9s5c

5) (**)Khkd

Kings bet, being about 95% sure I'm facing trips, I fold. AdQd calls. 9s5c folds. I don't exactly remember the rest of the cards, but it ends up having a kings full of nines beating broadway.

My questions are, should I have put in the two raises. I am pretty comfortable with the first and second ones, as I would like to narrow down the field, but I knew the third one would cause no-one to fold, and is it a worthwhile value bet when both of my Aces look dead? Thoughts are appreciated.

04-06-2002, 12:59 AM
Yes, you should put in the two raise or cap it.

9s and Kh should fold when Ac and Ad raised.

You already won this hand because you raised on time and fold on time. So smile and be happy there.