PDA

View Full Version : Another Foxwoods question . . . humor my newbieness.

Grisgra
10-25-2004, 04:14 PM
What/where are the cheapie hotels nearby? Probably be coming from the Providence direction.

Food: Where? There was a great 24-hour (?) breakfast place nearby the last time I was there, can't remember the name.

Photoc
10-25-2004, 04:38 PM
I know the place that you're talking about for breakfast. It's just west of Foxwoods about 3 miles on the left hand side on Rt 2. Might be called Rosies or something. Not exactly sure.

Jeffage
10-25-2004, 05:21 PM
I find the best place to stay is Groton, about a 15 minute drive from Foxwoods with many cheap motels. I like "Flagship Inn." It's cheap, clean and safe...and it's near that Rosies place you're talking about. Book online for cheaper rates, but do book in advance...they do fill up on most weekends.

Jeff

TomCollins
10-25-2004, 06:32 PM
There is a really cheap hotel called "your car". It's found in the garage of FW or sometimes outside of other hotels.

Grisgra
10-25-2004, 06:58 PM
I prefer a hotel with a little more space to it /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

TomCollins
10-25-2004, 07:32 PM
Try "your van" then. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

FeliciaLee
10-25-2004, 08:18 PM
I got the Budget Inn for $55/night. They claimed to be 8 miles from Foxwoods.

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif
www.felicialee.net (http://www.felicialee.net)

Phil Van Sexton
10-25-2004, 09:26 PM
I've stayed at the Budget Inn. It is 8 miles away. It is also the worst hotel I've ever stayed in.

My wife still brings up our visit there as an example of why I should never be allowed to plan anything myself. It is WELL worth the extra 10 minute drive to stay in Groton or Mystic.

FeliciaLee
10-25-2004, 09:56 PM
I figured as much. I literally have no choice.

I have stayed in my share of dives. I actually like staying in downtown Vegas. I love the Golden Gate, even though it's 100 years old and the biggest rooms are about the size of a decent closet.

I had to take whatever I could at this late date. None of the other hotels around FW had any openings for such a large block of days.

I didn't know whether I would go or not, depending on if the WPPA bombed (it did). I was lucky enough to find last minute airfare for only $89 to Providence.

Every day we are there, I'm going to check with FW for cancelations. If they let me sneak in even one day, I'll never leave, lol.

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Grisgra
10-26-2004, 11:46 AM
Thanks much, just booked a room for a couple nights. Plan on playing Thursday night, all day Friday, a little Saturday /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Woohoo! Hope the games aren't too tough on Friday during the day. (Of course, if I play until 3AM on Thursday, I won't be playing much on Friday during the day, will I?)

I'm sure things will improve by that night, though.

Ghazban
10-26-2004, 12:16 PM
I've taken Fridays off and played at the 'Woods and the games are not too tough. Its not quite as juicy early in the day as on Saturday or Sunday but its definitely not tough (I'm talking the 5/10 and smaller both limit HE and Omaha8 as well as the baby NL game). By mid-afternoon, its pretty weekend-ish.

Homer
10-26-2004, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I find the best place to stay is Groton, about a 15 minute drive from Foxwoods with many cheap motels. I like "Flagship Inn." It's cheap, clean and safe...and it's near that Rosies place you're talking about. Book online for cheaper rates, but do book in advance...they do fill up on most weekends.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

I second the Flagship Inn. Cheap and has clean rooms. The only thing I don't like is that the door opens directly to the outside instead of a hallway -- it's a motel, not a hotel.