PDA

View Full Version : asking BigBaitsim about PT (others feel free to chime in also)

bwana devil
10-25-2004, 01:59 PM
I originally wrote this as a response to a post in the B&M section, but it was so off topic I decided to start a new thread.

BigBaitsim,

Going off topic, how helpful do you find PT? What limits are you playing?

I read your posts and respect your opinions and want to get some feedback on the software. I play limit up to 2/4. I have stayed away from getting it mainly because I don't know what I could really learn from it. Does it just show you how much money you've won w/ A6s, etc. I downloaded the free version and haven't even messed w/ the data that got in it.

I know some people swear by it but some of the data that posters talk about sound pretty meaningless and I think they sometimes get caught up in trying to get their output to look a certain rather than advancing their games.

I really would like to know how helpful you find the software.

thanks much
bwana devil

J.R.
10-25-2004, 02:04 PM
You're nuts not to have it if you play seriously, if only for the copious and otherwise unobtainable data you can amass on your opponents. Add in the ability to easily review the hands you have played, review particular statistics/situations, engage in very detailed opponent profiling, and easily compile the data you need to maintain for the IRS.

bwana devil
10-25-2004, 07:43 PM
I'm going to get a new computer in December. Is this an issue at all? Can I download the software on my current cpu and then uninstall and put it on a new cpu w/out problem?

illunious
10-25-2004, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to get a new computer in December. Is this an issue at all? Can I download the software on my current cpu and then uninstall and put it on a new cpu w/out problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll need to transfer the databases from old cpu to new, and contact PT support for a new registration code.

Blarg
10-25-2004, 09:59 PM
Like J.R. says, even if you never even look at your own stats, it provides a gold mine of info on everyone else's stats.

That can be hard to get when you're multi-tabling and people are moving in and out of tables as quickly as they do.

It's only $55, so unless you're playing the most micro of micro-limits, it's an investment that will pay for itself very quickly.

bwana devil
10-25-2004, 10:18 PM
yes, you and JR are right. I've been thinking about it tonight and it completely makes sense.

Are you, or anyone else here, familiar w/ getting Pokerroom stats into PT?

The homepage says "check the help page" but I have searched high and low and see nothing. I tried to post on the PT board but can't for some reason.

help again!!

thanks
bwana