PDA

View Full Version : NFL Predictions

kyro
10-25-2004, 11:22 AM
OK, almost halfway into the season, thought I'd put up a fairly informal poll (to tell the truth, i was bored as all hell in history today)

Basically, I'm just curious which teams you think will make the playoffs, their final records, and the results of those games in the playoffs. Personally, I think the 6 teams in the AFC are all but locks for the playoffs, whereas the NFC has about 12 awful teams fighting for a couple spots. Have fun!

AFC East: Patriots (14-2)
AFC North: Steelers (12-4)
AFC South: Colts (11-5)
AFC West: Broncos (11-5)
AFC Wildcard: Jets (11-5)
AFC Wildcard: Jaguars (10-6)

NFC East: Eagles (13-3)
NFC North: Vikings (11-5)
NFC South: Falcons (9-7)
NFC West: Seahawks (10-6)
NFC Wildcard: Giants (10-6)
NFC Wildcard: Packers (9-7)

Jets over Broncos
Colts over Jaguars
Giants over Falcons
Packers over Seahawks

Pats over Jets
Colts over Steelers
Eagles over Giants
Vikings over Packers

Pats over Colts
Eagles over Vikings

SB Champion:
REPEAT BABY! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThaSaltCracka
10-25-2004, 11:27 AM
you should stick to your history homework.

kyro
10-25-2004, 11:30 AM
as opposed to spending my entire day posting useless crap on here? hello mr. pot

NoChance
10-25-2004, 11:36 AM
Huge Steeler fan here. I would be surprised if the Steelers win 9 games this year.

Remaining Home Games:
New England (L)
Philadelphia (L)
Washington (W)
NY Jets (?)
Baltimore (?)

Remaining Road Games:
Cleveland (?)
Cincinnati (W)
Jacksonville (L)
NY Giants (L)
Buffalo (?)

My predictions indicate 2 games where they "should" win and 4 games where I consider it a toss up. It's a tough schedule the rest of the season.

kyro
10-25-2004, 11:40 AM
buffalo's a question mark? i don't care where they're playing. buffalo's offensive line is worse than penn state's. (for anyone who saw their amazing 6-4 loss on saturday...)

the steelers haven't played any very good teams yet, but roethlisberger's game against miami convinced me he's the man for now. he played very well against a top defense. 12-4 might be a bit high, but I fully expect them to make the playoffs with ease.

ThaSaltCracka
10-25-2004, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
as opposed to spending my entire day posting useless crap on here? hello mr. pot

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr. Pot is here?? Where is he? I love Mr. Pot.

RcrdBoy
10-25-2004, 11:47 AM
They are still probably the favorite in the NFC West, but right now the Seahawks stink.

It's hard to imagine them making the playoffs at the moment.

NoChance
10-25-2004, 11:49 AM
I hope you are right. Regardless of my predictions, 5 of the 10 remaining games are against teams you predicted to make the playoffs.

I made 3 bets on teams' total wins this year:

Jacksonville over 7.5 wins
Pittsburgh over 7.5 wins
Minnesota over 8.5 wins

They are all looking good right now but the Steeler one still scares me. (I also have some money on Jacksonville winning the superbowl that would pay pretty good)

As for your predictions, I think in the AFC, it's Denver and New England playing the best football. In the NFC it's the Eagles running away with it. Minnesota can play but no team with a defense like that goes to the Super Bowl.

challenger84
10-25-2004, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jets over Broncos

[/ QUOTE ]

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHA

Wait.... Wait....

BWAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAH

Have you seen the Jets or the Broncos play this year? Or are you making random guesses based on the records? I'm guessing the latter.

kyro
10-25-2004, 01:19 PM
actually, i think the jets are one of the top teams in the nfl right now. martin has returned to top form, i still think pennington is one of the top QB's in the league although he HAS struggled. and the jets played the patriots tough yesterday AT gillette stadium. i'm a believer.

btw, when you say cards in 5 does that mean you're praying they even make it to game 5?

ddollevoet
10-25-2004, 01:29 PM
Prediction: The Vikings win the NFC North only to lose to the Packers in the playoffs.

challenger84
10-25-2004, 02:02 PM
They barely beat Miami, San Fran, Cinci and Buffalo. All by one score or less. Those are arguably the 4 worst teams in football. The only good team they played, they scored 7 points and lost. The Jets will finish 9-7 at best and miss the playoffs. Care to make a wager on it?

kyro
10-25-2004, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only good team they played, they scored 7 points and lost.

[/ QUOTE ]
Against one of the best, if not the best, defenses in the entire league.

[ QUOTE ]

The Jets will finish 9-7 at best and miss the playoffs. Care to make a wager on it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Over something as silly as that? I don't even like the Jets, I'm sure as hell not putting money down on them. I agree with you whole-heartedly, they haven't crushed the teams they should be crushing. But then again, neither have the Pats. They didn't exactly dominate Buffalo or Arizona, and I think there's little doubt that they're still the team to beat.

If the Jets miss the playoffs however, I'll be sure to come on here and tell everyone how brilliant you are and how dumb I am. Is that OK?

NLSoldier
10-25-2004, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Prediction: The Vikings win the NFC North only to lose to the Packers in the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

You packer fans crack me up! Last time I checked they didnt let 3-13 teams in the playoffs /images/graemlins/confused.gif

daryn
10-25-2004, 04:30 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
They barely beat Miami, San Fran, Cinci and Buffalo. All by one score or less. Those are arguably the 4 worst teams in football. The only good team they played, they scored 7 points and lost. The Jets will finish 9-7 at best and miss the playoffs. Care to make a wager on it?

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this analysis.

ddollevoet
10-26-2004, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You packer fans crack me up! Last time I checked they didnt let 3-13 teams in the playoffs /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If I recall, the last time the Vikings were 6-0, they didn't make the playoffs either.

And I'll take bets on the 3-13 record. After all, they still have to play the Vikings twice.

Toro
10-26-2004, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
actually, i think the jets are one of the top teams in the nfl right now. martin has returned to top form, i still think pennington is one of the top QB's in the league although he HAS struggled. and the jets played the patriots tough yesterday AT gillette stadium. i'm a believer.

btw, when you say cards in 5 does that mean you're praying they even make it to game 5?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at that game Sunday and couldn't believe how conservative the Jet game plan was. They never opened up the offense at all and were intent on trying to establish the running game all the way to the end. I thought this had more to do with them scoring only 7 pts than the defense.

MarkL444
10-26-2004, 09:35 PM
why does everyone think the pack will make the playoffs? because they won 2 games in a row? arent they still 3-4?

ddollevoet
11-01-2004, 10:45 AM
3 games now. And the Vikings have started their annual slide back down to normalcy.

The Vikings face Indy next week on Monday night and then the Packers after a short week. The Pack have a bye next week and will be well rested for the Vikings. The next few weeks will be interesting.