PDA

View Full Version : Another Wacky board developed...

03-22-2002, 05:23 AM
Well hello again posters,

I was at 'The Woods' again and I was in a rather loose 1-5 game when I got into another one of those 'wacky' board scenerios.

I wont get in to all the details on how things developed ( but a large pot developed )but I will just mention 6th street boards.

ME...

(6h7h)8h5h8d8c

OPPONENT1

(xx)8910J of spades

OPPONENT2

(xx)3d4d5c6d

OPPONENT3

(xx)AKQJ rainbow

QUESTION..

I am high on board. What do I do?

and WHAT IF QUESTIONS...

I bet and its capped back to me?

I bet and its 2 more bets and a call back to me?

I bet and its 1 raise and all calls back to me?

I check and its 3 bets back to me?

Later,

CJ

P.S. - This one was good.... and oh by the way no one was folding for nuttin in this game.

03-22-2002, 07:06 AM
I am high on board. What do I do?

Bet...

...and raise.

03-22-2002, 01:38 PM
I don't understand the logic behind this play.

I can understand the bet, although I disagree, but why would you reraise if it was raised by the 4 to a straight flush. You could be drawing completely dead at this point and are putting in extra bets.

I can't believe that you will get calls from both straight draws if you bet and the flush raises making it 2 cold to go.

If you check, the money is certainly going into the pot. The 4 flush will bet and you may get calls from the other 2 opponents for one bet and you want that. You still have to make your draw which will be better than the hands of those 2 opponents. 3 8's is not going to win this pot.

Why am I mistaken?

03-22-2002, 02:39 PM
I'm no fan of Bad Beat Jackpots and their tax

on pots, but if ever there was a time to be

at jackpot raked table....

03-23-2002, 11:44 PM
A bet and raise should persuade your opponents that you have a full-house.

Anbody who is even calling one bet from a board of 888x is asking to give his money away. I wouldn't even draw to a straight flush when somebody has open trips.

I wouldn't fear being up against a straight flush despite that board.

03-24-2002, 12:46 AM
As Dynasty suggested I bet right out.

Unforunately It was CAPPED by the time it got back to me.

I thought long and hard about it but I FOLDED when action got back to me. I wasn't drawing to a two outer and I suspected that even if a miracle full house came I would still lose.

River.. my opponents had betting capped again. As I expected the 3456 had the straight-flush ( what else is going to three-bet with? )

8910J spades had the flush and the AKQJ had a horribly played rolled-aces full. ( he deserved to lose since he check-called the whole way. I basically built the whole pot )

I thought this hand was interesting. Not too often when you have open trips and a open-ended straight flush and fold.

Later,

CJ

03-24-2002, 12:47 AM
Interesting jackpot scenerio.

I still wouldn't have called in a jackpot game.

Later,

CJ