PDA

View Full Version : TT in Big Pot

Ajax410
10-25-2004, 04:05 AM
Alright - just a little background information before I get onto the hand. I have been a pretty big poster in the micro-forums for the past couple of months, but my poker travels have taken me into the world of small-stakes. However, my roommate at college is just starting to get back into the poker groove, and he's beginning at the .5/1 Party tables. He plays on my computer, and pokertracker is always running, so I basically have access to every hand he plays. Now, he's been doing really well, but I want to post some hands of his and see how you guys rate his play. He is really interested in moving up limits (he has a trip to Europe that needs paying for), so I want to patch any holes in his game before he takes a shot at 1/2 or 2/4. First hand.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (21.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (16.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (19.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 31.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 31.75 BB, between Hero, MP2 and Button.</font>

Clearly, he overplays his hand here. It's VERY clear on the flop that he's behind, but the pot is big, so I can justify a call. However, when it comes back 3-bet to him, I strongly consider laying this down. Agree?

If he's in for this much, he might as well call on the turn.

River - he lucked out - but he might still be behind.

All in all, I think this is a pretty poorly played hand post-flop. Just want to see what you guys think.

Evan
10-25-2004, 04:35 AM
PF- Ruh Roh!!!

Flop- How many AK's do you think are out there? You were essentially drawing to a set on the flop, not only did you miss that but there's an overcard too. Check-fold the flop.

CT11
10-25-2004, 04:46 AM
This looks really bad to me.

on the flop with an over on the board and a likely better pocket pair your drawing to 2 outs at best. JJ has you drawing nearly dead.

flop: check/fold, after the bet I'd fold with two more to you you're getting 14:1 on a 22:1 shot. I say 22:1 not 11:1 because you are almost guaranteed to pay for the river too.

turn: again fold. your getting worse than 17:1 on a 22:1 shot.

river: You've lost to JJ and A3 with JJ being the most likely hand to beat you. At this point I have no idea if your getting a good value here or not.

~CT11