PDA

View Full Version : 15-30 stud hand

03-22-2002, 02:02 AM
I don't know how well I played this hand but would like comments.

(x,x)3s

(x,x)8c

(x,x)10h

(Jd2d)Js

(x,x)Qs

(x,x)Kc

(x,x)Ac

(x,x)5h

The 3s brings it in, the 8c calls, I call (who would raise here with the 3 overcards behind you? who would throw the hand away?) All overcards fold and the 5h calls.

(x,x)3s,Kd

(x,x)8c,10d

(Jd2d)Js2c

(x,x)5h7h

It is checked to me and I bet. Everyone calls the 15.

(x,x)3sKd10s

(x,x)8c10d6c

(Jd2d)Js2cJc

(x,x)5h7h6h

This is where my biggest decision occurs. I'm full and first to act. The 3 flush is directly to my left. Should I bet here? If I check, I'm hoping to trap the other 2 players for multiple bets. The 8,10,6 may have a straight, and the flush should bet out. Or does my check look fishy to everyone after I bet on 4th street, especially if I raise on 5th or bet out on 6th?

03-22-2002, 02:06 AM
I bet out on 5th street. I couldn't see giving a free card to a possible straight flush. I didn't think he would fold to a bet, and I thought it possible that he may even raise, which I don't want because it will certainly knock out the other 2 who look to be drawing completely dead. He just called and the other 2 players threw their hands away. I caught the 4th J on 6th street, bet and was called?!?. I bet out on the river and beat his flush.

03-22-2002, 02:22 AM
You should raise on 3rd street. It'll become much clearer if somebody has a bigger pair when they reraise. You'll be able to make more informed decisions afterwards.

On fifth street, I may try a check-raise. While it may look suspicious, you really don't have to worry about anybody drawing out on you.

I couldn't see giving a free card to a possible straight flush (draw).

I don't think you need to worry about this.

03-22-2002, 08:50 AM
i would just bet here. against weak 15-30 players you might be able to check raise but if the player after you has a flush he will raise and if the others fold you should just call and then check raise him on sixth street.

Pat

03-22-2002, 03:02 PM
Do you really like checkraising 6th? It never ceases to amaze me how many times they are supposed to have a flush and they don't. And the 6th street raise almost always connotates a monster. its possible he may fold on 6th even if he has a flush.

They will often take a freebie on 6th if you check. Also if you bet its almost as if you think he still isn't made. Even though alot of people don't like this betting sequence (bet raise call... bet), but this may be ok here...

03-24-2002, 05:54 PM
Calling on 3rd is game - dependent. How aggressive are the big cards? How tight is the 8 in that spot. I could see times where I would fold (8 is very tight, big cards are tough and aggressive), call (most of the time), and raise (8 is weak player, big cards reraise with a big pair and call or fold otherwise - i.e. you know exactly where they are on 3rd, and can fold to a reraise).

I think betting 5th is autoamtic. If you try tocheck-raise, you gain 1 bet at most, and may lose then whole deal if the opponent wises up and folds. The others are going to fold no matter what, unless thry have trip sor bettr on 5th, and then the will likely stay no matter what. Be thrilled you got called down.

Dan Z.

03-24-2002, 07:17 PM
it is a close call, but if you are going to checkraise then you should probably do so on sixth street. My experience is that most players who have semibluffed a draw will continue to do so on sixth, but of course that is not always true so the play is player dependent.

Pat