PDA

View Full Version : Stars Rebuy Hand Tonight

Chief911
10-25-2004, 02:58 AM
We're down to 30 or so players. I have 100k (Avg is 170k or so) with blinds 6/12k. I'm in the BB with AQo. Desperate small stack pushes for 45k from the button. 250k stack calls from the SB (He's closer to loose than tight). My move?

Thanks ahead of time for advice.

remen
10-25-2004, 03:13 AM
I would push here as your hand is almost definetly the best hand. The button could have almost any hand in this situation. The SB knows this and could be calling with a mediocre hand such as A9 or KQ. If the SB had a good hand he probably would have reraised the button's all in to push you out. If you push and are called by the SB I think you are at worst a coinflip getting a very good price on your money.

kevo0522
10-25-2004, 03:21 AM
I was the desperate short stack in this hand, Chief, I think your play was the right play regardless of what I had and the SB had, thats probably why I didn't blow up after it happened, because I would have done the same thing.

iRoD
10-25-2004, 03:21 AM
This depends on the button raiser, which I think is the only bet that you have to really worry about. The SB call can be made with FAR worse hands than yours, especailly because you indicated that he was closer to loose than tight. You said the button raise was desperate... does that mean any A? any K?... low pocket pair?

Anyways, I think you're gonna have to reraise all-in here... I'd have to assume that SB will call this reraise so expect to be ahead of that one, and this will make you a side pot of 110k+ with the SB, so even if you dont beat the button raiser (which you are likely to be dominating), you can still end the hand looking okay. Unless you're folding your way into bigger money, I think this is an awesome situation to move up and become serious threat in the tourney.

Cheers

Pat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

JaBlue
10-25-2004, 04:32 AM
250k stack is a moron. Why didn't he re-raise to isolate (unless he has aces...)? Then he probably forces you to lay down. Push! I doubt a better opportunity is going to come up for you to double up, which is what you need to do at this point.

Chief911
10-25-2004, 05:10 AM
Since its over now.

I push, he called. He had AK, another had JJ, board ended up KTJxx to give me the straight, and a nice chiplead.

Nick

JaBlue
10-25-2004, 05:34 AM
Way to punish that guy for not isolating the other all-in raiser! Yay!