PDA

View Full Version : What the heck happens when...

03-20-2002, 02:42 PM
... the dealer flips the 7th card face up by mistake?

This happenned twice yesterday in a small local tournament I was playing in and we did not know what to do.

Thanks,

Nicolas

03-20-2002, 02:48 PM
The standard rule is that the player is given the option of being treated as all-in. That is, he can either continue to play the hand normally, as if nothing happened, or choose to be treated as all-in, in which case any bets on 7th street go into a side pot to which he is not entitled. The all-in declaration has to be made when the card is exposed, and cannot be made once action has started.

TRLS

03-20-2002, 03:08 PM
Thanks,

We were reshuffling the exposed card and re-dealing the 7th card.

Nicolas

03-20-2002, 05:38 PM
I agree with Sherman and have seen this done in Vegas games.

BTW, I have seen a dealer deal everybody's 7th street cards face-up.

03-21-2002, 01:10 AM
From what I'm reading here, the rule may not be universal. In my local room, it depends whose river card got flipped. If the first player to the left of the dealer's river card gets flipped, then everyone gets his river card face up, and the action proceeds with the high board from sixth street acting first. The exposed river cards do not affect the order of the action. If any player other than left-of-the-dealer has his river card exposed, then everyone else still gets his river card down. The player whose river card was exposed has the option of declaring himself all-in, and if he does, any further action is on the side. When I played in home games, the exposed card was dead and that player got the next card off the deck. I'm sure that this would never fly in a public card room, but at least we had a rule. In any case, you should definitely have a rule, especially if this sort of thing happens twice a night. /images/smile.gif If this was in a public card room, then there's no excuse for not having a procedure.

03-21-2002, 01:20 AM
I believe quite a few and possibly most cardrooms have the rule that if the first card dealt is up, the rest are dealt up.

TRLS