PDA

View Full Version : Julian Tavarez just became my favorite Cardinal

mikech
10-25-2004, 02:36 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/25/sports/baseball/25tavarez.html

Last season, [Tavarez] was suspended for his role in a brawl when he was not even pitching, and this August he was suspended for pitching with pine tar on his hat.

In response, Tavarez held a one-hour news conference that included this memorable remark: "Some people like skinny women. I like fat women. Some people like young women. I like older women. Some people like clean hats. I like dirty hats."

daryn
10-25-2004, 02:37 AM
please post the article so we don't have to create accounts w/ NYT

astroglide
10-25-2004, 03:58 AM
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&client=firefox-a&tab=wn&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=tavarez+fat&btnG=Search+News

astroglide
10-25-2004, 04:08 AM
http://www.outsports.com/antigay/tavarez.htm

lolol

Tavarez, a 27-year-old right-hander, lost his cool on April 28 while being booed by fans in San Francisco in a 5-0 loss to the Giants. The fans were angry at Tavarez for a fight he had gotten into spring training with the Giants' Russ Davis and for his hard forearm tag of Marvin Benard.

``Why should I care about the fans?'' Tavarez said after the game. ``They're a bunch of assholes and faggots here.''

Senor Choppy
10-25-2004, 03:56 PM
"In 1996, he threw a pitch behind Mike Matheny, then body-slammed Umpire Joe Brinkman in the ensuing brawl. While pitching for the Chicago Cubs in 2001, he hit the former San Francisco infielder Russ Davis with a pitch in a spring training game, and as Davis charged the mound, Tavarez took a flying kick at him.

When Tavarez went to San Francisco for the first time that season, fans booed him relentlessly, and he responded by shouting curses at the crowd and making derogatory comments about homosexuals."

He's not only my favorite Cardinal now, he's my favorite human being.

ThaSaltCracka
10-25-2004, 03:58 PM
can you imagine if he had played on the 1990 Reds? That would have been sweet.

challenger84
10-25-2004, 04:22 PM
*sniff* makes me proud to be a Cardinals fan.

daryn
10-25-2004, 04:27 PM
wow, you guys are proud of that behavior?

don't get me wrong, i think stuff like that is hilarious. i'm just surprised that nobody has come out and condemned you guys already for supporting such hate-speak.

nolanfan34
10-25-2004, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wow, you guys are proud of that behavior?

don't get me wrong, i think stuff like that is hilarious. i'm just surprised that nobody has come out and condemned you guys already for supporting such hate-speak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about it. I think he's insane, and I would much rather have someone else out there on the mound.

astroglide
10-25-2004, 04:44 PM
it's seriously top shelf material. i already liked the guy a lot after he broke his own hand.

Senor Choppy
10-26-2004, 04:43 AM
I tell it like it is, baby.

choppy out.

nothumb
10-26-2004, 04:58 AM
Well, the guy is ugly as sin, and pretty tough for pitching right after he broke his hand, and pretty cool for body-slamming an umpire, and amusing for trying to go ninjitsu on somebody charging the mound, and refreshing for being willing to curse out fans.

But slightly scary for throwing at someone in spring training and not very likable for making homophobic remarks. Sorry, I do take that seriously. Actually, I'm not sorry, either.

Which reminds me, I was watching Schilling pitch to Scott Rolen the other night and managed to do a pretty good Tim McCarver impression with the following analysis: "Joe, did you read the interviews these guys have done about each other? I think Schill would suck his cock if God didn't say it was wrong."

Which is true. But he still held his punk ass hitless. Now we know who's pitcher and who's catcher in that relationship.

NT

Michael Davis
10-26-2004, 07:17 AM
Where's the John Rocker outrage?

-Michael