PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I be a fish? Would have had quad 7s

mephisto2000
10-25-2004, 01:04 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO (TAG) raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero folds, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, MP1 folds, MP3 folds.

Turn: (7 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12 BB, between CO and SB.</font>

Results in white below:CO has Kc Ks (full house, sevens full of kings).
SB has Ad Kh (three of a kind, sevens).
Outcome: CO wins 12 BB.

Gatts
10-25-2004, 01:07 AM
Calling preflop is not "fishy."

However, note that the boards are not predetermined.

The_Tracker
10-25-2004, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Calling preflop is not "fishy."

However, note that the boards are not predetermined.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean not predetermined?
Are you saying that the board would have come out diffrent if he had called?
That doesn't seem right.

Ponks
10-25-2004, 01:19 AM
Dont worry about it. Stuff like this happens all the time when you're playing well.

Ponks

mmbt0ne
10-25-2004, 01:21 AM
I think he just means that calling with suited cards in this situation is correct (all the callers), however, that doesn't always mean that the board is going to hit you as nicely as it would've here.

mephisto2000
10-25-2004, 01:30 AM
If it had been somebody else than CO who raised then I might have called with hope of flush draw but CO was tight-aggressive and only raised with premium hands.

I understand that by calling the flop wouldn't necessarily have been the same.

mmbt0ne
10-25-2004, 12:26 PM
I understand about the CO being TAG, but what you need to realize in this situation is that as long as you don't fear a limp/re-raise from one of the first two callers, you will have six people going to the flop, meaning you're getting 11:1 pot odds. Even when the raiser is a good player, this is a situation that you have to call simply because of the discount you're getting. The plus side is that it's a very easy hand to lay down if you don't hit the flop.

MarkL444
10-25-2004, 12:40 PM
And just think, if only you would 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif you would have flopped a full house, too!

StuR
10-25-2004, 12:57 PM
I read somewhere that your actions in the hand effects what cards come next etc. I think thats what Gatts meant.

I also heard that this can be good because if you correctly fold a hand but then your miracle card comes down - you can rest assured that it would not have happened if you'd called.

Thats my interpretation anyway.

StuR

Reqtech
10-25-2004, 01:21 PM
From what I understand, every street is random. So effectively, it's like re-shuffling the remaining cards constantly throughout the hand and then dealing the streets whenever the action has finished leading up to it.

This is done because you can never have a truly random number generator on a computer, and based off of your hand and the flop, sophisticated computer programs would/could predict the turn and river.