PDA

View Full Version : STUCK 80 (BB) in 2/4

03-19-2002, 02:24 PM
Last night on PP I lost 80BB in 4 hrs playing only one table 2/4 stud...Is this normal?

03-19-2002, 03:23 PM
No. 25 big bets is a rough loss, 50 is a slaughter. You're probably not playing well at that point and people are taking advantage of you. Online, I risk 25 bets a session and if I lose them, I come back another day. You were probably too loose and pushing too hard.

03-19-2002, 07:01 PM
This is a truly staggering loss. Even while going through my growing pains, I never even lost half that amount.

My initial assumption is that you were playing too many hands and going to far with them. Of coruse, I haven't seen any of you hands. I reccomend you request your hand histories from Poker Paradise and post some of your bigger losess on the site for us to critique.

03-19-2002, 10:36 PM
My biggest loss was about 75 bb in 4 hours on paradise but that includes playing 2 tables shorthanded at once. The streaks can be really huge and you have to have the proper bankroll to stay on top of them. My biggest win on paradise in a single day was 3600 and biggest loss 1700. Live game is much slower so swings like that in that short amount of time are almost impossible

BIGSTU

03-20-2002, 03:42 AM
It's not normal, but it's entirely possible. Even with expert play, you can expect to have a session this bad once in a while, keeping in mind also that you're playing a lot more hands per hour than in a B&M cardroom. Typically you're getting in over twice as many hands per hour, so this works out to 10 BB/hr in a real-world game, which is well within the expected variance for an above-average player.

Nevertheless, chances are you played poorly, and you should probably grab some hand records and take a good look at them to find out where you are leaking.

TRLS

03-20-2002, 04:02 PM
After looking through over 200+ hand histories i came to a conclusion...every time i made a hand my oppenents would make a bigger one...two big pair lose to trips, trips lose to straights, straights lose to flushes,flushes lose to full, and on two occasions full loses to bigger full. All in all it was simply a bad run of cards-and second best hands. I might have pushed some straights to hard, but oppenents boards permitted this. I may have been betting two aggressive with aces up but when your stuck 50bb you try to push hands. I admit i didnt play my A+ game but if I went back on that same session today id most likely lose just as much. So swings like this can and do happen, But this is the first time ive seen them.

03-20-2002, 05:05 PM
if anything happens to you, it also happens to others in long run. I had worse results a few times than you at PP in last three years.

Do not count win or lose, just make sure you play right on every hand.

03-21-2002, 01:37 AM
I have lost 50-60 BB several times in games I usually beat up on. I think that your worst losses come when you're getting dealt good cards--and losing with them. And there isn't a whole lot you can do about it. You're not going to muck trips or a flush without a damned good reason, and you're not going to be given damned good reasons very often in a limit game