PDA

View Full Version : Mirage 5-10: Total Domination

03-17-2002, 12:26 AM
Here's a strange 5-10 hand from today at the Mirage.

The third street boards are:

(x,x)3d ME!

(x,x)7d

(x,x)4h

(x,x)4c

(x,x)4s

(x,x)8c

(x,x)9s

(x,x)5h

I bring it in for $1 blind with the 3d. Next player folds. 4h calls. 4c calls. 4s calls. Next three players fold. So, I'm up against three opponents all of whom have a 4 doorcard. Four players see fourth street.

Before looking at my cards, I make a joke "You know guys, I think I may have the three of you dominated".

The fourth street boards are:

(x,x)3d,Qc ME!

(x,x)4h,Tc

(x,x)4c,Kh

(x,x)4s,Qd

The 4c,Kh checked. The 4s,Qd checked. Finally, I look at my cards.

I've got (3h,2s)3d,Qc

I bet! Next player folds. The 4c,Kh calls. Last player folds. Heads-up going to fifth street.

(3h,2s)3d,Qc,2s ME!

(x,x)4c,Kh,8s

My opponent checks. I bet. He calls.

The sixth street boards are:

(3h,2s)3d,Qc,2s,2h ME!

(x,x)4c,Kh,8s,6s

I bet. My opponent folded.

03-17-2002, 10:04 AM
sounds like a routine hand, played correctly.

Pat

03-18-2002, 02:20 AM
I definitely didn't consider this hand routine. I've never been in a situation where I've been against three opponents playing the same doorcard. And I've never felt as confident value betting a pair of 3s without an overcard-to-the-board kicker.

03-18-2002, 04:36 AM
You've obviously never played in Connecticut..

=)

Later,

CJ

03-18-2002, 06:41 PM
gotta agree, nice hand but nothing really debatable about your play

03-19-2002, 01:17 PM
Too bad you picked up the 2s, otherwise he would have called you down to the river and your pair of 3s would have been good.

03-19-2002, 07:17 PM
Didn't you think they had big pairs in the hole, and didn't you worry that the face cards that came out may have hit their hand.

He probaby put you on at lease two pair, so he folded having not made his straight to hit a second pair.

They should have raised or bet into you.

03-19-2002, 08:43 PM
Didn't you think they had big pairs in the hole

This was not a concern since it's very likely they would have raised on third street with a big pair in the hole.

didn't you worry that the face cards that came out may have hit their hand.

When it was checked to me, I wasn't concerned that they already had a hand. However, I was concerned that they would make a better pair if I checked and gave them a free fifth street card.

This wasn't a hand I was going to get married to. But, when it improved on 5th street, I thought a 5th street bet was mandatory in order to protect a vulnerable hand.

They should have raised or bet into you.

That would have made it much more difficult for me to play the hand.