PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone even care about the NHL Lockout?

Lawrence Ng
10-24-2004, 09:31 PM
I don't..

A lot of other fans in both Canada and US don't.

Apparently there's something called the World Series that is occupying a lot of attention.

Toro
10-24-2004, 09:32 PM
Who?

ThaSaltCracka
10-24-2004, 09:33 PM
what is the NHL? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-24-2004, 09:48 PM
Too bad it's not the NBA. At least I have college hockey to keep me interested this winter. That and the Patriots.

liquidboss
10-24-2004, 10:07 PM
Hocky is for Cancuks... Watch football...

Toro
10-24-2004, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hocky is for Cancuks... Watch football...

[/ QUOTE ]

They like hockey too.

challenger84
10-24-2004, 10:56 PM
Cancuks do?

Gamblor
10-25-2004, 01:23 AM
There isn't going to be hockey for a long long time.

I've been watching old Leafs games on LeafsTV (The all-Maple Leafs channel on DigitalTV). I miss Wendel Clark.

The NHL went to hell when they admitted another 9 teams in the 90s. With an extra 180 players in the league, relative skill levels between the best and the worst players drove salaries of the top echelon into the stratosphere, which led to this whole mess.

ThaSaltCracka
10-25-2004, 01:32 AM
when do you think they'll get the leagure back up and running? If they miss an entire season, its over for them.

Gamblor
10-25-2004, 01:44 AM
IF they miss the entire season the league will most certainly contract into the traditional hotspots. They'll for certain lose a couple teams in California and the southern US.

In Canada, it'll still be a religion, but I wonder how much the small market teams, i.e. those in Western Canada, will tolerate this nonsense.

All in all, you know who will benefit the most from this horseshit? The NLL (http://www.nll.com). They'll position themselves as a viable alternative.

My whole life, I wished Americans could see hockey for what it is; the greatest sport on earth. Now that they started to get it, I wish they had never touched my game.

rusty JEDI
10-25-2004, 01:45 AM
I think what would be best is for it to go long and a complete restructuring of the league to occur. Drop about 6-10 teams and maybe a dozen games off the schedule for each team.

I am of the belief that currently both sides are making money, but the owners believe their piece isnt big enough anymore. The players basically want what they deserve and that is a salary based on the open market.

rJ

nolanfan34
10-25-2004, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My whole life, I wished Americans could see hockey for what it is; the greatest sport on earth. Now that they started to get it, I wish they had never touched my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, aren't you a young guy, like early 20s? I have unopened packs of hockey cards older than you if you are. Damn Americans, messing up your game.

I'm an American, but I miss it. I know my dad does for sure, being a big Wings fan. A lot of people in the US don't get it because they have never been to a game, so they don't realize what a great spectator sport it is.

scrub
10-25-2004, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As an American who learned to skate before he learned to dribble a basketball I'm pretty upset about the strike. But let's not pretend that the NHL would have been anywhere close to as great as it has been in the past without the American players and franchises.

scrub

Lawrence Ng
10-25-2004, 07:13 AM
Yes we hae the CFL. Though I don't like it, I like the NFL much better.

I miss hockey.. bah... Stupid Bettman!