PDA

View Full Version : How's this line? QQ vs. LAG out of position $50 NL Party

JrJordan
10-24-2004, 08:23 PM
Quiet day at the $50's, but making the best of it. Ended up with a major lag on my left (VPIP 95%, PFR 25%). He's raising almost any hand from LP if it's limped to him. I thought about trying a limp reraise here, but his position was early enough that he could just limp instead of raise.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed)

BB ($64.25)
UTG ($186.6)
Hero ($80.5)
MP1 ($48)
MP2 ($115.5)
MP3 ($8.85)
CO ($46.05)
Button ($125.55)
SB ($62.95)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $4, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB (poster) calls $3.50, BB folds.

Flop: ($13) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $9</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises to $18</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $9.

<font color="blue"> I just can't give him credit for a 2. I decide that I'm willing to get my stack in on the turn as long as an A or K doesn't fall. My thinking for the minraise call is that if I push all in on the flop, there's a decent chance he could fold an overpair like 77. He's LAG enough that I know he'll bet on the turn when checked to, so I play to c/r all in on the turn. </font>

Turn: ($49) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets $20</font>, Hero raises $58.50 (All-In)...

<font color="blue"> It's possible he has 88, but too many other overpairs out there that he could have as well. I push on top of his $20 bet. </font>

How's this line against a LAG? All comments appreciated.

cornell2005
10-24-2004, 08:41 PM
just worry about the best way to get the money in. looks good. however, you could argue that a push on the flop would be better. he may check behind the turn, in which case you are giving him 2 free cards plus the chance to flat call your river bet. the stacks may be a bit large to push in on the flop though.

BlueBear
10-24-2004, 08:55 PM
You have a very tough situation here but your queens are probably good. That said, I believe that against a hyper super-duper mega LAG, there may be more value in hoping for a limp-reraise because they <font color="red"> love</font> to gamble and they WILL call a huge limp-reraise overbet. If you're aim is to quickly bankrupt the LAG, the limp-reraise is the way to go. That being said, against a LAG with a PFR of over 30 or 35, i'll attempt it all the time, but for PFR=25% the decision is close.

JrJordan
10-25-2004, 03:56 AM
An argument could be made for pushing after the flop reraise because I would hate to see an A or K on the turn without being pot committed and out of position. If the stacks were the typical $50, I think this would be a no brainer.
Regarding a preflop limp-reraise, I just don't think that's the right line here. His PFR percentage really isn't high enough that I can be confident he'll raise. He is also less likely to raise because of his early position. If he happened to be on the button, then I would consider this a much greater possibility.

Results: Maniac calls the all in and flips over KK. I help push the pot to him and hurry to rebuy for the next hand when no help comes. I really don't see any way of getting away from this, as I've seen him cold call similar raises with J6o and Axs. On to the next hand.

Relentless
10-25-2004, 04:06 AM
damn that sucks, I like the play though...better luck next time