SB : 990
BB : 1400
Hero (EP) : 965
MP : 555
Button : 865

Pre-Flop :
SB post 5
BB post 10
Hero raises it up to 50, holding [9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif]
<font color="red">is this raise too low?</font>
MP calls 50
Button calls 50
---
SB calls 50
BB mini re-raises it up to 80
everybody calls the extra 40
<font color="red">are there any other options for our Hero here?</font>

Flop :
5 players, pot = 450
[T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif]
It is checked around
<font color="red">could Hero have made a move on the flop?</font>

Turn :
[T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif] [5/images/graemlins/club.gif]
It's checked to Button who bets 10
---
SB folds
BB raises it up to 20
Hero, MP and Button calls
<font color="red">there must be another way to play this</font>

River :
4 players, pot = 530
[T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif] [5/images/graemlins/club.gif] [4/images/graemlins/heart.gif]
BB bets 140
Hero finally gets away from his hand
MP also folds
Button calls 140

BB shows [K/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] (high card king)
Button shows [5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif] (a pair of fives)

Button wins 810

<font color="red">Help me or shoot me!</font>
<font color="blue">paulish</font>

lastchance
10-24-2004, 06:50 PM
Play for set or overpair value, especially in early position early on. Fold when you don't get that overpair or set, especially with that many limpers.

codewarrior
10-24-2004, 06:53 PM
Fold preflop.

SmileyEH
10-24-2004, 07:17 PM
clear limp. Even if someone raises to 4-5XBB you still have odds to call and flop a set.

-SmileyEH

ilya
10-24-2004, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? At what point do you suggest folding this preflop?

DCIAce
10-24-2004, 09:48 PM
I think limping preflop is better.

That said, after the preflop action happens as it does.. I think I bet the flop, even 100 or so is enough to try to find QT or something like that.

Again, that said/action as it was, I think I raise the turn.. there's no real reason to think your hand isn't best here a good portion of the time.

River: If, for whatever reason (misclick twice), I got to the river in this fashion, I think I call the BB's strange bet here. You're getting 4.5-1 on a call, and I think your hand is good more than half the time here.