PDA

View Full Version : Ultra loose game

03-10-2002, 08:30 AM
Incredibly loose sometimes passive sometimes ultra aggressive. Doesn't seem to matter to anyone but me, if they will call one bet they will often call 4. Needless to say the pots are pretty big.

I can't seem to win a hand. My big pairs or trips never improve, and my 3 flushes (and straight draws although i don't like straights in this game), either turn into 4 flushes and stay there, or they bust out by 5th. Two good pots and i would be a decent winner, but there seems to be no way to limit the field. 4 times in one hour we did not have enough cards and a communal river was dealt.

Help me please, the game looks so good, especially when its passive, but i just can't win a single hand.

03-10-2002, 07:10 PM
very well,expect to lose about 20% of your sessions.

Unfortunately,this session was one of the 20% losing sessions.

There is NO strategy against the short-term random distribution of the cards.

Even if a player plays very badly,he still will win about 20% of his sessions.

If the game is loose/aggressive or "wild",U might want to "change tables".

Happy pokering,

Sitting Bull

03-10-2002, 08:23 PM
The same phenomenon happens to me at my ultra-loose hold'em 10-20 live table (the only one available here)

But when I play ultraloose stud live games in Austrian area my opponents must catch very very good hands to beat me.

The main factor that helps my strategy in these tables is just one:

REading the boards and memorizing all cards out (and there are many cards out in these loose games). Since these players enter the pot with almost all the hands they are dealt, you have a good advantage to carefully check the distribution of the almost entire deck.

Fear less the paired doorcards, the 3 flush showing board on 5th, etc.

Don't try to push out opponents by raising moves: it's a waste of money.

Marco

03-10-2002, 08:31 PM
Hi, Larry i eventually did win a couple of pots but still took a hammering. Mostly because i was never able to fill with live trips on 4rd or 4th. 11 times trips on 4th and once filled.

Unreal game though, passive except for one particular player who would raise and reraise with anything. One example is that he had A3493Q (no suits) and i had QKKKT3 and he helped me cap it on 4th, 5th, and 6th. I still lost the pot because despite the jamming people we still had 5 way action.

I saw players calling hands like (xx)888 trying to make a straight or flush. I am just reading the loose games section in 7csfap, but it implies that there is actually some chance of pushing a man off a potential draw. 3 or 4 double bets cold with a gutshot and 2 of the cards dead seemed to be a good calling hand for some of these guys.

03-11-2002, 04:54 PM

03-12-2002, 06:05 PM

03-12-2002, 09:16 PM
CCC and Pokerworld, good places to play stud. In these times they play (at CCC) a very good Euro 200 - 400 stud limit.

Marco