PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Caesar's IN tonight.

Nemesis
10-24-2004, 01:14 PM
I'll be wearing a blue University of Kentucky hat, and will be with a 6'2" guy with a shaved head. We plan on playing the 4/8 so if any 2+2 ers are there say hi. I don't think i'll be leaving for another hour or so, if you'll be there tonight post a name and description.

Stew
10-24-2004, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll be wearing a blue University of Kentucky hat, and will be with a 6'2" guy with a shaved head. We plan on playing the 4/8 so if any 2+2 ers are there say hi. I don't think i'll be leaving for another hour or so, if you'll be there tonight post a name and description.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck and have fun paying the worst rake anywhere in the history of poker.

steamboatin
10-25-2004, 11:03 AM
You forgot to mention the super friendly atmosphere where they are incredibly helpful to first time visitors.

Do you still burn in Hell for Lying? If so, I may comeback and edit this post.

Stew
10-25-2004, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You forgot to mention the super friendly atmosphere where they are incredibly helpful to first time visitors.

Do you still burn in Hell for Lying? If so, I may comeback and edit this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

One compliment for Caesar's that I can think of, the best dealer I've EVER had deals there, Tom, very quick, very efficient and very friendly.

Nemesis
10-25-2004, 10:46 PM
We had several extremely competent dealers, and a couple incompetent ones. Beth or betty was her name.... she was very slow and counted out 3 cards for the flop then counted them again to be sure she had the right number.

doggin
10-26-2004, 03:45 AM
Tom is super good! I like Caesars, I run good there in 4/8
but 5/10 kills me.
Guess I'll go up to 10/20 /images/graemlins/smile.gif

steamboatin
10-26-2004, 03:53 AM
Most of the dealers are fine, its the supervisors and their attitude that's the problem.

doggin
10-26-2004, 04:16 AM
I like Preston. I don't know his postition there but he
wears a suit. He seem like he has a good attitude.
Last time I was there, 6 weeks ago, I get there about
noon on a Friday and go up to the wait list. There is this
big husky guy in a suit (not Preston /images/graemlins/smile.gif ), who is taking
names, and this bastard even looks mean, well, I ask to
be put on the 4/8 list, he says, "OK", I look down at the
list and there are about 14 names on the 4/8.......he just
stares at me like a prick......I stare back......after about
5 seconds I say, "well, are you going to open another table?".....He says,"yeah....when I get around to it".
In a very smart ass tone of voice.
End of conversation. He was a bastard, a big bastard, and
a smart ass to boot.
Can't Caesars try to hire more "people persons" for those
kinds of jobs? The man's job is to meet people and be nice.
I still like Caesars. There are pricks everywhere.

Also steamboat, I read your post about the cigar incident.
I loved it when you told the security guard that if the
cigar was lit....."there would be smoke rising from the end"
I would have like to have been there. LOL
On the cigar thing though, I think they over reacted and I
think you did too. The guard probably got ticked off after
your comment about smoke rising from the end and from that
point on he turned all red on you.
I would'nt let that keep you from going back. And you did
get a letter of apology from them.
Caesars Indiana; The biggest poker room on the Ohio River!

steamboatin
10-26-2004, 04:35 AM
I sent them another letter. Probably pointless but I wasn't done bitching at them yet.

There is absolutely no excuse for them to be rude to the players. I know that some of the players as assholes but most of the people you meet at a poker table are very nice, they are just trying to have some fun and play a little poker.

I am a recreational player and while I try to play well, having a good time is every bit as important to me as winning big.

Sunday evening I played 8 hours at Grand Victoria, sat with a group of really nice people, had a good time, was card dead for the entire eight hours and left down $47. Sometimes, you just don't win, that's poker.

I had a good time and $47 is a very reasonable amount to spend for eight hours of fun.