PDA

View Full Version : I slowplayed and my fish bit back!

Quercus
10-24-2004, 01:03 PM
Villain is a bit loose and is down to 8-10BB or so.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (5 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, hero ???

Slowplay on the flop seemed like the right play at the time. Powerful hand on the flop, aggressor acting in front of me. Heads-up action.

The flush seemed unlikely as did 33 and J3, so I was really just worried about AJ or AA beating me here.

mmbt0ne
10-24-2004, 02:26 PM
With a fish, he could very well be playing AQ or AK here, maybe even KK or QQ if he's really aggressive. That said, there are a couple hands that could beat you. After he bets into you again on the river, I think it's best to just call.

GrunchCan
10-24-2004, 04:25 PM
I'm a little uneasy with the slowplay on the flop. But I guess my overriding consideration is your opponent's stack size. He seems to have decided that this is the hand to get all in with. There is a wide variety of hands he could decide this with. If he's got a naked A, the turn just made matters worse for him. I'd give him all the action he can eat &amp; show him the door. It's a gamble, but if you're up for it, it makes for some pretty rich pots.

emonrad87
10-24-2004, 05:29 PM
I would raise the river and call a 3-bet.

Quercus
10-24-2004, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would raise the river and call a 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the line I took. My KJ &gt; his J9 and MHIG.