PDA

View Full Version : four 5/10 hands

vector
10-24-2004, 09:56 AM
Here are 4 hands from a recent 5/10 session. Apologies if they seem uninteresting: lately my results have been pretty awful so I'm concerned its the straightforward things I may be getting wrong.

Comments/critiques greatly appreciated.

The opponents in all hands seemed typically loose and somewhat passive. Where I had notes they were 35%+ VPIP and PFR all under 7%.

Hand 1

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (9.70 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

River: (12.70 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 12.70 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.70 BB, between UTG, Hero and MP.</font>

__________________________________________________ ___
Hand 2

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
CO calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Hand 3

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, CO raises, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3 bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Hero folds.

River: (12 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Hand 4

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

River: (7.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.20 BB

imitation
10-24-2004, 10:15 AM
Hand 1: I'd bet the river, I guess someone could have made their boat or flush but I think you are much more likely up against 2 pair from UTG, MP hanging around is worrying I suppose, still I think i'd bet here because MP could just as likely have AQ and refuse to lay down, I probably couldn't fold to a CR though but I probably should.

Hand 2: Standard.

Hand 3: I think thats a reasonable lay down on the turn, I would be more inclined to attempt a CR the flop, if it gets checked through i'm not too worried because most overcards would have called 1 anyway so I get to see if the turn is scary and can play from there, likewise if the bet comes from EP I would be inclined to call and see the turn then CR again if its not scary.

Hand 4: Standard, tempting to fire out again on the river to steal, probably not realistic but i'd consider it myself.

Trix
10-24-2004, 10:39 AM
1) Bet the river twopair is pretty likely.
2) Bet the flop, you have 9-15 outs and maybe the best hand allready.
3) I fold preflop here, with more than one limper(dont know if its right.
Think I would have gone for a check-raise on most tables, but if it was passive, then I dont mind betting.
The turnfold looks ok.
4) I like this one.

imitation
10-24-2004, 10:45 AM
I think completing j9o with multiple limpers is ok you look to get paid off big when you hit your straight, but this hand demonstrates that it makes postflop play more difficult when you make a pair. Completing j9o is probably only marginally profitable with 2/5 blinds i'd guess I don't think it would be a huge sacrifice to muck it.

samdash
10-24-2004, 10:48 AM
Hand 1 - bet the river. Its concievable that the first player might not even CR you on the river with a small flush, going for an overcall and possibly fearing a FH.

Hand 2 - I bet out, but check-raising might not be bad either. You'd like a lot of money to go in on the flop and usually the more players the merrier.

Hand 3 - I would fold this preflop with the $2 small blind. The odds look attractive but this is a piece of junk hand and you have the worst position.

Hand 4 - I would strongly considering folding for 1 bet on the flop even though you're getting 8-1. This time it worked out ok for you.

Grisgra
10-24-2004, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 - bet the river. Its concievable that the first player might not even CR you on the river with a small flush, going for an overcall and possibly fearing a FH.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great point!

Analyst
10-24-2004, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 4: Standard, tempting to fire out again on the river to steal, probably not realistic but i'd consider it myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

After the turn check, it's pretty clear that you have two big cards and missed the board, unless this is a "let's try and induce a bet on the river" type of play. Were I a villian in this hand, I'd probably call a river bet with any pair, though that might explain why my win percentage at showdown is low.

How about firing another round on the turn and to try and take the pot then and there?