PDA

View Full Version : Folded to river bet %

Fiddler
10-24-2004, 06:17 AM
Yes! A Pokertracker stat post! But for your reading pleasure I have limited it to the "Folded to river bet" percentage.

I do pretty well in general at $0.5/$1.0 Party but I think my folded to river bet percentage is much too high. Over approx. 13k hands it is 47.7%. The thing is that I don't feel like I'm making a lot of "tough" lay downs, in fact I feel like I'm making some pretty stupid river calls. Just going by memory most of my river folds are flush draws (or some other draw) that don't come in. Typically, if the pot is big. I will call with top/middle pair. If there is a large field behind me I tend to fold more. If the field is small I call down more with only ace high (especially if there is a pair on the board). What kind of percentage do you regular $0.5/$1.0 and $1/$2 players have? And what kind of situations should I look out for?

JoshuaD
10-24-2004, 06:33 AM
With 3000 hands, i'm at 50%, and I call down alot.

You gotta realize this also includes small pots that get checked to the river and bet, you've got nothing, so you fold. They come up alot.

Fiddler
10-24-2004, 06:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
With 3000 hands, i'm at 50%, and I call down alot.

You gotta realize this also includes small pots that get checked to the river and bet, you've got nothing, so you fold. They come up alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, my sample size isn't big either (I have folded to a river bet 219 times) but this stat hasn't moved much either way and I seem to remember a reply Ed Miller made to a guy who was around 40% that it was too high.

StuR
10-24-2004, 07:46 AM
Mine's up near 56% I think - very worrying but this is usually when I'm drawing and miss and end up just with high card, like the previous poster. From the sounds of it, I should be calling down far more often. (small sample size though)

Cheers

StuR

helpmeout
10-24-2004, 08:47 AM
mine was at 44%

btspider
10-24-2004, 09:18 AM
it varies greatly. don't be too concerned. the typical range seems to be 45%-55%.

bisonbison
10-24-2004, 10:14 AM
Folded to river bet is a dumb stat. Look at when folded and figure out how often you get to the river and how often you fold at the river.