PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, dream hand here...

03-05-2002, 12:34 PM
I was playing my weekly $1-$5 hi-lo stud game.

The third street boards are :

(x,x)7c

(x,x)Kc

(x,x)Qh

(2s,3s)4s ME!

(x,x)Qd

(x,x)Ah

(x,x)9d

(x,x)6d

I'm forced bet and bring in for $1, Q folds, Ah raises to $6, 9 folds, 6d calls, all fold to me, I call.

Now, on fourth we have an $18 pot with:

(2s,3s) 4s, 5s

(x,x)Ah, 5h - Fair player on hot streak

(x,x)6d, 6c - Our local fish!

Sixes bet $5, I call, ace raises to $10, sixes re-raise.

I'm thinking I'm up against trip sixes and a four-flush possible low draw. I just call.

Ace raises to cap it at $20. We all call.

Now, on fifth stree we have a $78 pot with:

(2s,3s) 4s, 5s, 8c

(x,x)Ah, 5h, Jc - Fair player on hot streak

(x,x)6d, 6c, 3h - Our local fish!

Sixes bet $5, I raise with my made low, Ace calls, sixes re-raise, I re-raise, Ace calls.

I now figure Ace to have a flush draw. Maybe it's low draw as well, but it's got to be a flush draw at the very least. This guy would have dumped it if he was going low without a flush shot when I re-raised.

Now, on sixth we have a $138 pot with

(2s,3s) 4s, 5s, 8c, Qs

(x,x)Ah, 5h, Jc, 7h - Fair player on hot streak

(x,x)6d, 6c, 3h, Ts - Our local fish!

Sixes bet $5, I call, Aces raises, sixes re-raise.

I'm in the middle now. The Ace must have his flush and maybe a lower low too. I might not get anything. But, I'm a made flush ( Q high ) and a made low ( 8 low ) with all sorts of outs. I am now worried about the Ace having a low, or making one on the river. The sixes has to be trips at least.

I call, Ace caps, we all call.

**** This is the key... do I draw, or fold here? Is the fish full? The Ace has got to be a flush, maybe a low. I'm 8 low, with Q high flush to an ace flush on board.

Now, on seventh we have a $198 pot with:

(2s,3s) 4s, 5s, 8c, Qs (As)

(x,x)Ah, 5h, Jc, 7h (x) - Fair player on hot streak

(x,x)6d, 6c, 3h, Ts (x) - Our local fish!

BANG!!! I hit the NUT!!! I'm locked up! It's all mine!!!

Sixes bet, I hesitate and call. Ace asks "what happened to your low?" and raises. Sixes re-raise. I look to the Ace and say, "It got lower" and raise. He raises and says, "It's going to be capped anyway". Everyone calls... The pot is $258.

While throwing his last $10 in, the sixes flop his under cards and says, "The whole way baby!!!! QUADS! Royalty time boys!!!( $5 a player for "winning" QUADS or better). This guy was about to have an anxiety attack".

The Ace doesn't care, right? He's low... he shows his 7, 5, 3, 2, A low. ( Only an ace would get me low here, because a 7 would have me 7, 5, 4.

I say, with the biggest shit-eating grin you could imagine, "Push the pot here". I turn my hole cards and the whole table shits. "Straight flush wheel... are you kidding me?" is blurted by the fish!

I got the $198 plus $35 in royalties. I tossed the fish $10 and said, "Here's the bad beat jackpot pal".

03-05-2002, 07:53 PM
Well i don't think you should fold on 6th. You have a possible scooper, and despite the fact it looks like you are beaten in both directions, you have a huge pot and have to play on. And you have outs to the whole pot.

I didn't think the A5Q7 would likely have a flush, but you know him better than i do. Good hand ted, i've only had one of those in probably 100,000 hands of stud hilo. Most posts on 8 or better is the way to go, it's a better game.

03-06-2002, 11:30 AM
The reason I thought he had to have a flush draw early was his raise on fourth. This particular player wouldn't raise with only a low draw against me.

I say this because he knows that I know that he wouldn't be pushing hard with an unmade low vs my possible low. So, I figure that he figures I'm going low and he's going high with his flush draw. The thing I didn't know is if it was a low flush draw.

The fact that the fish could have trips didn't scare either one of us. The fish tries to cap pots when he's the only high. This hand looked like fishy was the only high and we were both going low.

Then, his calls on 5th street confirmed this. He just called when I made my low and he missed his flush. He was stuck in the middle and probably figured it was gonna be capped by me and the fish anyway.

Sixth street was where I was stuck. Do I go for the other $20 and pull for a miracle? I figure I'm beat by a flush already... and, maybe my low is dead.

I wasn't planning on getting that As, but ...