PDA

View Full Version : J3o in BB flop top pair against large field (6) players

A_C_Slater
10-24-2004, 03:40 AM
This is my first hand sitting down in the BB at a Paradise 1/2 -- 8 players.

UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls,
Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks in BB with Jh3c.
6 players.

Flop-- 4h6dJs

SB checks, Hero checks,UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, CO bets, button raises $2 (all in), SB calls, Hero re raises $3,
UTG+1 folds,MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls.
4 players (1 all in)

Turn-- 4h6dJs 5s

SB checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

4 players

river-- 4h6dJs 5s 2s

SB checks, hero bets,MP2 calls, CO calls, SB folds.

Does anyone play this differently? I decided to post this hand because the flop put me in the unique decision of folding or 3 betting! I opted on three betting because the
re raiser was all in (he had a set of sixes) but all in raisers usually go in with anything out of frustration.

I'm not concerned with the turn play after I picked up the straight draw and certainly not with the river value bet, but I knew someone on the flop had to have at least a Jack with a higher kicker. Does anyone fold this flop? The fact that it all turned out well is irrelevant to me.

MP2 had JhTh and CO had JdQs.

jeffraider
10-24-2004, 03:54 AM
Definitely fold on the flop. 3 bets for top pair no kicker with no draws (except runner runner) is no go in my book.

A_C_Slater
10-24-2004, 04:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely fold on the flop. 3 bets for top pair no kicker with no draws (except runner runner) is no go in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty much what I was thinking. I wasn't thinking I'll three bet and maybe I'll pick up a straight draw. I figured it was possible that the intial bettor was just betting middle pair and the all in raiser could've raised with anything so by re raising I could knock out a large part of the field.

A_C_Slater
10-24-2004, 04:17 PM
I need more feedback! Is the flop 3 bets standard tight aggressive or just maniacal?

topspin
10-24-2004, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I need more feedback! Is the flop 3 bets standard tight aggressive or just maniacal?

[/ QUOTE ]

That second one. Facing two cold with TPNK in this small pot is an easy fold.

A_C_Slater
10-24-2004, 04:31 PM
Thank you