PDA

View Full Version : Jon Stewart calls Tucker Carlson a dick.

nothumb
10-24-2004, 02:10 AM
Did anyone see the Crossfire with Jon Stewart on it? I thought it was hilarious waiting for the hosts to realize that Stewart was serious.

Also great how Tucker could only come back by accusing Stewart of hitting John Kerry with soft questions. Which Stewart immediately copped to, claiming that he was so far up Kerry's ass he knew what the man ate for breakfast. Can you say that on CNN?

Anyway, fun stuff. Also enjoyed Stewart's analysis on Monday on the Daily Show: "Tomorrow I will go back to being funny, but your show... will... still... blow."

Ole!

NT

Neil Stevens
10-24-2004, 02:15 AM
Politics, politics, politics, politics, politics!

nothumb
10-24-2004, 02:26 AM
This is clearly a TV show. I thought it was close but since one can't really call what happens on Crossfire 'politics,' and there's no, "Rabid Media Elites Gone Wild" forum, I posted it here.

NT

Neil Stevens
10-24-2004, 02:34 AM
Aren't the two left regulars on that show both aiding the Kerry campaign?

Doesn't Stewart's show always start with a stream of political satire?

Isn't Crossfire intended to be a show about political discussion?

I don't see where there politics don't factor in here.

lastchance
10-24-2004, 02:41 AM
It's in what Jon Stewart said in the "Crossfire" interview, "it's not so much as it's bad as it's hurting America."
"You're part of their strategy. You're partisan, what do they call them, hacks."
"What's interesting is that is that the news organizations look to Comedy Central for their cues on integrity."
"To do a debate would be great. But that's like saying pro wrestling is a show about athletic competition."
"Now, this is theater. It's obvious. How old are you? And you wear a bow tie."
"It's not honest. What you do is not honest. What you do is partisan hackery. And I will tell you why I know it."
"You're on CNN. The show that leads into me is puppets making crank phone calls. What is wrong with you?"
Crossfire sucks so much, that it isn't politics. It's like having a sox fan and a Yanks fan in a room together. The stupid kind.

nothumb
10-24-2004, 02:57 AM
Ok, jeez, I promise never to attempt to be even a little bit funny in response to something you write ever again.

NT

Neil Stevens
10-24-2004, 03:05 AM
If being funny means dragging in the mainstream media's political commentary where it's not needed, I hope you won't.

nothumb
10-24-2004, 03:09 AM
Oh, I get it, you're just sticking up for that crappy show and calling Jon Stewart a liberal. Way to keep politics out of it.

I was totally ready to discuss the sartorial aspects of the show when you went and pulled politics into it...

NT

Neil Stevens
10-24-2004, 03:23 AM
If you think I'm trying to defend CNN in any way, you're badly mistaken. However, I'm trying very, very hard not to express my political views in this forum, because I don't want to read other people's political views in this forum.

And I believe I've succeeded in this thread. I didn't call Stewart a liberal. The only political designation I've used in this thread is "left" to refer to Carville and Begala on Crossfire, and that's not even my view. Crossfire has them designated as the lefties on the show.

American politics today are way too emotionally charged to let them get discussed just anywhere. The stakes are too high. I'll mix it up in the right time and place, but the nastiness that almost invariably shows up in political discussions will ruin perfectly good forums. So, I get really sensitive to when politics are brought up.

nothumb
10-24-2004, 03:40 AM
Ok, are you done spinning now?

Stop being such a stubborn dick and go back to the Politics forum. I'll post this over there.

NT

Diplomat
10-24-2004, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

-Diplomat

Nepa
10-24-2004, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't see where there politics don't factor in here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would I have to post about last nights SNL here or in the politics forum or the new lesbian's forum?

ThaSaltCracka
10-24-2004, 08:23 PM
where is the lesbian forum? I am looking for some freaky bitches.

fsuplayer
10-24-2004, 08:34 PM
not sure what's funnier, TSC's last reply, or the way Neil is getting all bent out of shape about the thread.

I am a conservative for the most part, but very much appreciate NT bringing this occurance to my attention. It brought a smile to my face and made me laugh, which I am sure is all NT was trying to do.

ThaSaltCracka
10-24-2004, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not sure what's funnier, TSC's last reply, or the way Neil is getting all bent out of shape about the thread.

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/grin.gif, Neil is clearly funnier in this situation, although I am one funny fucker too /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Neil Stevens
10-24-2004, 08:47 PM
I've been called a Nazi in enough offtopic political conversations in other places that, if I have to be laughed at instead of that, I'll gladly take it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ThaSaltCracka
10-24-2004, 08:49 PM
someone called you a Nazi????

Neil Stevens
10-24-2004, 08:54 PM
Yes... on some issues I'm far enough right that some people call me that as a reflex.

ThaSaltCracka
10-24-2004, 08:56 PM
ridiculous.