PDA

View Full Version : question about routine play

elitegimp
10-24-2004, 01:02 AM
I think this is routine, but I'm trying to make sure that what I consider "routine" isn't actually a leak. Sorry for posting a lame hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls.

River: (6 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>,

I guess the questions are:
1) Should I do something different pre-flop? I tend to play Kxs as well as big suited 1-gappers (QT, J9) and any suited connectors from SB, esp with 3 limpers and a fairly passive BB
2) Should I be betting TPMK into the field?

Some other questions are "what should I do if it's raised?" and "what should I do if an overcard lands?" - I'm fully aware this depends on reads / how many people are left (an overcard on the river is different than an overcard on the turn).

A_C_Slater
10-24-2004, 01:12 AM
1. What else do you think you should do? raise? fold?
some people might advocate rasing, but I think QTs is too weak to justify that action. Certainly you don't think folding is acceptable?

2.Yes

Everything you did is fine IMO. Just breathe.

GrunchCan
10-24-2004, 03:27 AM
Good Hand.

siccjay
10-24-2004, 03:30 AM
If you are questioning what type of hands you play from the SB I think you are too tight. I played any tw0 s00ted from the SB with a couple limpers. Just because not to get stuck with easily dominated hands. For example Axo.

A_C_Slater
10-24-2004, 03:42 AM
Is any two suited weaker than Ax? What would you rather have in the SB; 92s or A6o?