PDA

View Full Version : DISTANCE FROM FLAMINGO TO BELLAGIO/MIRAGE and other Q's

slim
10-24-2004, 12:02 AM
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how many minutes it would take to walk from the front doors of Flamingo to Mirage poker room and from Flamingo to Bellagio poker room?

Also, in terms of beatablity, which would be better at the 10-20 level? I beleive they have 8-16 at Bellagio and 10-20 at Mirage?? Which is the softer game? Where would be the softest 10-20 game on the strip?

Also, how long can I expect to wait to get on a 8/16 or 10/20 table on a Fri-Sat 7pm arrival?
Thanks

DonkeyKong
10-24-2004, 01:18 AM
10 mins to Mirage.. maybe a few more when its crowded

AllVegasPoker.com
10-24-2004, 04:56 AM
The Mirage and Bellagio are both about the same distance away from the Flamingo. I would say you're looking at about a 15 to 25 minute walk to either one from poker room to poker room (taking into account stoplights). The good thing is that both are easily within walking distance.

As for the softer game, I would say the 8/16 at Bellagio is slightly softer. The 10/20 at Mirage is one of the toughest games in town, and the Bellagio 8/16 isn't much better.

SinCityGuy
10-24-2004, 06:23 AM
The Bellagio is slightly closer. It's on the southwest corner of Las Vegas Blvd. and Flamingo. The Flamingo Hilton is on the northeast corner of that intersection.

The Mirage & Treasure Island are on the southwest corner of Spring Mountain Rd. and Las Vegas Blvd.

Jeffage
10-24-2004, 11:02 AM
Bellagio is very close to Flamingo. You basically walk out the front door to your left, go up an escalator and over a bridge...and you're in the Bellagio. Mirage is about a 12 or so minute walk, not too bad. If you have the cash, I would highly recommend playing the 15-30 at Bellagio over the 8-16. It is a much better game with a lot of loose action and more tables spread. 10-20 at Mirage was good last time I played it, but it can be very tight at times. 20-40 has always been a better game there in my experience. Your mileage may vary. Good luck.

Jeff

Abe
10-24-2004, 11:53 AM
You are on to a good plan here. Stay at the Flamingo, play your serious poker at Mirage and Bellagio. Its just a triangle walking route, about 10 to 15 minutes on each side. And, you NEVER have to venture outside this triangle.

After you have spent your serious poker time at Mirage and Bellagio, end up back at Flamingo for some late night goofy 4-8.

Stew
10-24-2004, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Mirage and Bellagio are both about the same distance away from the Flamingo. I would say you're looking at about a 15 to 25 minute walk to either one from poker room to poker room (taking into account stoplights). The good thing is that both are easily within walking distance.

As for the softer game, I would say the 8/16 at Bellagio is slightly softer. The 10/20 at Mirage is one of the toughest games in town, and the Bellagio 8/16 isn't much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

The walk to Bellagio is 10 to 15 minutes tops if you are a slow walker. I walked from the Monte Carlo tram stop to the Flamingo when the tramp was shut down from Bellagio to MC in 15 minutes.

AllVegasPoker.com
10-25-2004, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After you have spent your serious poker time at Mirage and Bellagio, end up back at Flamingo for some late night goofy 4-8.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's also worth mentioning that on the same side of the street as the Flamingo, and within 10 minutes walking on either side you have your pick of low limit card rooms: Flamingo, Harrah's, Imperial Palace, and Bally's.

Of the four, my least favorite is Flamingo. Harrah's is the best room in town for watching sports and playing poker. Imperial Palace offers some of the most generous comps in town ($3 per hour in player cash), and Bally's consistently has super-soft competition.