PDA

View Full Version : AA - is there any value in betting this river?

elitegimp
10-23-2004, 09:51 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero...

subject says it all. No decent read of the villian - in hindsight this probably means he was fairly tight so I didn't see him in many pots. My plan was to check-call, betting a better strategy?

CT11
10-23-2004, 10:10 PM
I only count 4 cards in the deck that have you beat. Esp the average party player could have anything from a single ace high to pocket threes or maby a 4. Button hasn't really done anything at all but call. I bet this river for value every time.

If button had a 2 or king he's playing it very wrong unless he's sure you would fold to any raise.

Your making money here, even if you lost this one.

~CT11

EDIT: also 44 has you beat but the way this was played I'd put him on a single 4 or worse.

kiemo
10-23-2004, 10:28 PM
If you are lucky he calls down pocket sixes or QJ.

He may even fold to your raise and you win the pot without having to show. Thats nice too.

If he reraises you, its simply one more BB to see if he likes to bluff or is a weak passive player.

So you have a ton of value to betting the river