PDA

View Full Version : just starting out playing with pennies :)

the_rookie
10-23-2004, 09:49 PM
paradis poker- 0.02-0.04 limit hold em:

Seat 1: tripm ($1.99 in chips)
Seat 2: heckubus ($1.62 in chips)
Seat 3: burdy ($27.36 in chips)
Seat 4: Caggey ($2.52 in chips)
Seat 5: bigriverking ($1.73 in chips)
Seat 6: hero ($1.74 in chips)
Seat 7: lord_exodus ($1.94 in chips)
Seat 8: foggyday ($2.03 in chips)
Seat 9: AXELTI ($1.60 in chips)
Seat 10: CHINO2004 ($1.36 in chips)

CHINO2004: Post Small Blind ($0.01)
tripm : Post Big Blind ($0.02)

Dealing...
Dealt to hero [ T /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Dealt to hero [ T /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
heckubus: Call ($0.02)
burdy : Fold
Caggey : Call ($0.02)
bigriverking: Fold
hero : Raise ($0.04)
lord_exodus: Fold
foggyday: Fold
AXELTI : Raise ($0.06)
CHINO2004: Fold
tripm : Call ($0.04)
heckubus: Call ($0.04)
Caggey : Fold
hero : Raise ($0.04)
AXELTI : Call ($0.02)
tripm : Call ($0.02)

*** FLOP *** : [ T /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
tripm : Check
heckubus: Check
hero : Bet ($0.02)
AXELTI : Call ($0.02)
tripm : Call ($0.02)

*** TURN *** : [ T /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif ] [ A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
hero : Bet ($0.04)
AXELTI : Call ($0.04)
tripm : Raise ($0.08)
heckubus: Call ($0.08)
hero : Call ($0.04)
AXELTI : Call ($0.04)

*** RIVER *** : [ T /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ] [ 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
hero : Check

Just got my friend to send me 10 bucks to my paradise account finally (dont have a credit card) , so i decided to play for micro limits /images/graemlins/smile.gif
I've read a little SSHE, TOP, and have been surfing these boards for quite some time. Was I a little to weak on the turn? check raise is a pretty strong move eh? thanks for any replies on my street by street performance, hehe.

elitegimp
10-23-2004, 09:55 PM
you need to 3-bet the turn. You probably got raised by someone who paired his/her kicker w/ the A (i.e. you're up against 2-pair). Even if you're behind the straight, you have 10 outs to fill up / hit quads! If the turn is capped, and you don't fill up, check-call the river.

Welcome to the forum, and check out http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi
for a nifty little applet to make your hands look prettier (props to bisonbison for making it and keeping it up to date!). I play on party, so I dunno if it supports your site's hand histories or not... but it's worth a shot.

Spook
10-23-2004, 09:56 PM
The check raise indicates a lot of strength because he is trapping a player between the two of you. You might still have the best hand, but he has at least two pair. Probably a weak straight with no diamonds.

the_rookie
10-23-2004, 10:20 PM
I agree, that i shoulve 3 bet the turn didn't see all those outs there /images/graemlins/smile.gif Got to start counting outs better.

the_rookie
10-23-2004, 10:24 PM
results: Tripm just showed A pair of Aces with Q kicker.

My set holds up. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brain
10-23-2004, 10:57 PM
3bet that turn. The C-R'er most likely has a pair of aces or aces up.

Klak
10-24-2004, 12:03 AM
you have to fearless when you flop a set. 90% of the time you are in the lead and everyone else needs runners to catch up with you. even if somneone does make a big hand like a straight or flush, you always have a redraw to a full house if the board pairs. bet and raise every street.

the_rookie
10-24-2004, 12:17 AM
Klak - Yeah you have a good point there, just need to quit fearing the checkraisers, they dont know i dont have a set... hehe.

emonrad87
10-24-2004, 04:15 AM
3-bet the turn. Then bet the river.

Also, dont post results. Even later. Frankly no one really cares, and I didnt see this thread until you'd posted the results (not that it influenced my advice on this one, but sometimes it does). And please do try to use bison's converter, it makes it easier to read cuz everyone uses it.

detruncate
10-24-2004, 04:21 AM
I don't think the converter works with Paradise hands. Just make sure to remove the names of the people involved and do your best to make it readable. We're a little spoiled, but I'm sure people will be willing to meet you half way. Welcome to the forum.