PDA

View Full Version : Is this a standard hand?

kiemo
10-23-2004, 07:22 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

River: (7.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.25 BB, between MP2 and CO.</font>

Standard or play flop/turn different?

Entity
10-23-2004, 07:24 PM
Looks good to me.

Rob

A_C_Slater
10-23-2004, 07:28 PM
Why raise the flop? The only thing it might accomplish is to
knock out the guy in between you and the bettor. It seems to me if you hit your gutshot or even an Ace or King you would want them both in since it would most likely be the best hand and you would win extra bets. I would just call to the river.

ncboiler
10-23-2004, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
knock out the guy in between you and the bettor.

[/ QUOTE ]

He also accompled getting a free card.

CWsports
10-23-2004, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
knock out the guy in between you and the bettor.

[/ QUOTE ]

He also accompled getting a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain to me this word "accompled".

Entity
10-23-2004, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
knock out the guy in between you and the bettor. It seems to me if you hit your gutshot or even an Ace or King you would want them both in since it would most likely be the best hand and you would win extra bets. I would just call to the river.

[/ QUOTE ]I'd really like a free card here, and raising accomplishes that.

Rob

ccartman2
10-23-2004, 07:41 PM
I like the flop raise. It gave him a free look at the river costing him 1 BB instead of 1.5 BB if he calls the flop and turn.

A_C_Slater
10-23-2004, 07:45 PM
The free card yes, yes, I was wrong. Curse my weak tightness!

ncboiler
10-23-2004, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please explain to me this word "accompled".

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the FFFS version of accomplished

Quercus
10-23-2004, 08:12 PM
Fairly standard.

There is an alternate line that you could use as well, which would be to bet the turn and take a free showdown. That gives you a reasonable chance to take down the pot right here. In addition, a lot of the cards that might excite villains will excite you even more (AKQ).

When checked to you, you are guaranteed a free card on the turn, but are almost certainly going to lose the hand unless you hit your draw. If you bet on the turn, you increase the odds that you'll win the hand, but have to pay an extra big bet, and put yourself at risk of a check-raise.

Which way I go when faced with this circumstance is usually dependent on who I'm facing. With no reads, I'll usually take the freebie on the turn. If my opponents are capable of folding winning hands, I go for the bully.