PDA

View Full Version : Any way to lose less money with these cowboys?

mason55
10-23-2004, 05:54 PM
Pacific Poker, so no pretty hand history. $5 + $.50 buy in. I'm UTG and get dealt red kings. Blinds are $10/$20. It's only like the fifth hand, so I don't have any reliable reads. 8 handed. Hero starts the hand with $750 and villain has $572.

I raise to $100, trying to isolate to a couple people and then push any flop without an ace. UTG+1 calls my raise and it's folded all the way around.

Flop comes Ad8cTc. I decide to fire $100 into the pot (half the pot) to find out where I am in the hand. He calls. The turn is a Qd. I check and fold to a bet of $200.

Should I have bet more before the flop? Check folded the flop? I just felt like I could have lost less money on this hand but I don't really see where. Anything above 5x BB seemed excessive pre-flop.

rjb03
10-23-2004, 05:56 PM
The size of your raise preflop is fine. The flop bet is a bit fishy, however. It either spells out monster or weakness. If he had an ace, most likely it's weakness.

lastchance
10-24-2004, 12:01 AM
Think you should try to check fold the flop. Your line is pretty weak with dangerous draws out there.