PDA

View Full Version : Two "Crying Calls"-Results Of Hand 2!

02-23-2002, 07:30 AM
Hello,Players,

I called with my one buried A's after the good player raised on 5th. The loose player also called.

I received no improvement on 6th while the loose player connected with a pair of 7's. and the good player didn't seem to improve.

The loose player checked. The good player continued the drive. I called .

On 7th,I remained with my dry A's . The 7's checked and the good player continued the drive.

Pot size was about 17BB's.

The loose player gave a "tell" that he was going to fold his hand.

I did not think that this good player would have called my 3rd St. raise with a medium 3-Str.--maybe a 3-flush.

Anyway,since I picked up the "folding tell" from the loose player and the pot size was about 17BB's,coupled with the evidence that he might not have the str8(he would have re- raised 4th Str. with a set)' I made a "crying call".

My A's was good. He said that he mis-read his hand. He had a "busted" flush draw.

Happy pokering,

Sitting Bull

02-23-2002, 07:45 AM
Well if by a 'good' player you mean a player who is capable of raising with a come hand, then the check and call stategy you employed was probably correct, although a case could be made to attempt to get rid of the loose-player( with a re-raise ) to increase you chances of winning with either aces,aces-up or trips.

If by 'good player' definition an opponent who will ( correctly )raise and push a made hand.. Your call(s) were clearly foolish.

I think in general ( given pot size ) you played the hand fine..

Given the tell you got on the other player and the pot size, the river call was CLEARLY correct.

Take Care,

CJ

02-23-2002, 07:55 AM
Hello,CJ,

i believe I went on "tilt" after my K's full was cracked by the good player's quads.

The only reason for playing this hand seems to be "desperation"

I think I was trying to rationalize some reasons to continue playing this hand and so I did.

Anyway,the poker gods favor those with "clean living".(LOL)

Did you know that??

Happy pokering,

Sitting Bull

02-23-2002, 08:02 AM
Yes the 'tilt' factor recently hit me hard too. ( see my 10-20 post from below ) and I have been damned good about keeping that under control in the last year also..

Luckily I don't play for a living..

Well we all just strive to continue improving.

Later,

CJ

02-23-2002, 08:04 AM