PDA

View Full Version : Two "Crying Calls"--Results Of Hand1

02-23-2002, 07:02 AM
Hello,Players,

I called with K' up after my opponent raised me on 4th.

At this point,I put him on a small set or a 4-flush.

The loose player folded.

I did ,however,bet out on 5th when my opponent did not obtain another suited card.

He raised again. He definitely had a set at this point.

I called with my live cards. I was all smile when I paired my K's on 6th,giving me K's full.

I bet;he called.

On 7th,I bet,and he RAISED!--

I called "time". Upon examining the board,I believed that he connected with a str8 flush!

This player put me on at least a set of K's on 6th. I do not believe that he would have bet a medium full-house against a set of K's that I had connected with on 6th.

Well,he DID NOT have a str8 flush--he spiked another "5",giving him quads on 7th!

My pain just lasted 3 mins. I was OK after that. I still can't lay down a "good" losing hand!(LOL)

Happy pokering

Sitting Bull

02-23-2002, 07:14 AM
Hello again Larry,

I do not like your play in the above hand.. Actually let me rephrase, I don't like some of it.

3rd and 4th streets were played fine.

I also like the 'bet into him again' strategy again on 5th to see where you stood. Well you got the information you were looking for and YOU STILL CALLED?? You put your opponent on a set( which he indeed did have ) and you still called trying to spike an out! The pot was not big enough at this point to do this.

Later,

CJ

02-23-2002, 07:35 AM