PDA

View Full Version : World Series Tickets EV

BradleyT
10-23-2004, 04:14 PM
A guy at my B&M table last night said he had 4 WS box tickets at Fenway Park. 15 minutes after this conversation they show on ESPN what ticket prices are going for - $1500-3000. So I say he should sell the 4 tickets, buy a 52" wide-screen Plasma, throw a hellacious WS party and pocket the $3,000 left over.

Or I suppose he could go watch a game for 3 hours.

Personally I think he's a fool - he just laughed at my suggestion.

challenger84
10-23-2004, 04:33 PM
After they lose whatever game he goes to, he'll be wishing he had that hella sweet plasma screen.

Sponger15SB
10-23-2004, 04:56 PM
I'll sell them in a second.

Unless this was my favorite team of all time and I named my kids Manny, Pedro, and Russ and I had a huge sox tattoo on my chest and i painted my house "red sox" red and it was game 7 and had tickets that i got for free from the pope who asked me not to sell them.

Now if I was a rich millionaire that'd be different.

theBruiser500
10-23-2004, 09:08 PM
I think it depends how much money he has. For instance when I was in Vegas I spent $700 on tickets to shows, Mystere, O, and Robin Williams. All my friends thought it was crazy to spend this much money on shows but I had a lot more money than them. If I didn't spend it at those shows it would sit in the bank doing nothing for me.

BradleyT
10-23-2004, 10:51 PM
Well I doubt he's got a lot of money. He was probably 22-25 years old and at a $2/$4 table.

I guess the only way I would keep them is if I were bringing some business clientele and this would seal the deal on a very large contract. Or if I were bringing the Olsen Twins to the game I'd keep the tickets.

goofball
10-23-2004, 11:14 PM
and they had previously agreed to blow me during the seventh inning stretch