PDA

View Full Version : Put Your money where your mouth is

02-23-2002, 12:36 AM
This is the challenge to all of those people who think that I was lying about my earnings. I challenge any of You to a heads up match on paradise. Just say when and I promise to be there. This is especially for all of you who can talk and insulted me. This is your chance to prove your point. Untill then just please do not raise your voice and go to 1 and 2 dollar limits where you will be spending rest of your life

BIGSTU

ps. by the way the the person forgot to give me his email so I could send my earnings from last 2 months and get that 100 dollars that he promised

even though I really do not need it

02-23-2002, 03:41 AM
Big Stu,

I think it's fair to say you have issues. Anyone who thinks that they make $120K annually playing 10-20, with only a year of experience does. I also can't help but think that you give you and your friends at paradise 10-20 a little to much credit ( "River Guy is the best player in the world "). While I have no doubt that the games are somewhat tough I can't help but think that if you and "River Guy" were to sit with Phil Hellmuth, Chip Reese, or even some people that post on this forum, you'd be buying rack after rack. Which is why I beg you not to play anyone here heads up. But if you insist, tell me when your on and I'll gladly be the first. Then we can post the result on here. If I can beat the 20-40 at the Taj on a regular basis I don't think I'd have much trouble with you.

Good Luck-------------You'll definitely need it.

Mike

02-23-2002, 03:54 AM
oK..... First of all thanx for the response and I just can not wait to play you. I am on everyday and my name is Bigstu on paradise. Now you get to prove your point and we can finally see who can back it up and who is "all talk". So how about tommorow at 5 pm

BIGSTU

ps. bring at least few hundred ( You gonna need them)

02-23-2002, 04:19 AM

02-23-2002, 09:44 AM
Just so you know, the fact that you can beat everyone on this forum still does not prove you are not lying about your earnings. The rules of logic apply even to great poker players.

Pat

02-23-2002, 11:51 PM
Good on you Bigstu if you can make that much playing 10/20 online. I have no doubt that if you are as good as you say you can do that easily, as i am now making over $3K a month playing $2/4 and occasionally $4/8 online for about 25 hours a week.

The online player if skilled can make much more than a live player in terms of bets per hour (6 bets or more per hour is where i would draw the line for a very good player). There is an increased number of hands per hour, and many people do not adjust well to online games.

I believe they are very skillful, but they require emphasis on different skills. Online poker requires you to do much more homework than live poker. You MUST keep accurate records of your own play, and particularly develop a dossier of the players you play against. Online poker is also, more odds based than live poker. Additionally you should call more on the end in online poker, as many onine players will ALWAYS bluff the end, totally disregarding what game theory dictates.

02-24-2002, 10:18 PM
10K a month shouldn't be a problem if he is good, especially playing 2 games at once and especially if he plays more than 40 hrs a week.

02-26-2002, 07:50 AM
Hi,

I generally agree w. Peterson and Glenn, maybe except for two arguments that needs further discussion.

1. Why should online poker be more odds-oriented than live poker - the games are basically the same?

2. I am not sure that it is an advantage to play two tables in stud poker. You miss the upcards on 3 street many times which of cause is a tremendous disadvantage. Moreover the speed of the game on PP is so fast, that you give an edge to the players only playing one table (like you have 3 minutes vs. 5 minutes in a game of blitz check).

JN

02-26-2002, 08:02 AM