PDA

View Full Version : When the board is three of a suit?

zephyr
10-23-2004, 03:24 PM
A couple questions here. First off, how do you deal with KQ in early position early in the sng with a very passive table. I don't think I can be convinced to bring it in for a raise, but what about limping as I did in this case?

Ok on to the hand, on the flop I'm drawing to a potential second best hand. But, I'm getting more than 4:1 on my call. I figured that I'd end up being beat by the A high flush too many times to make this call. Agree?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed)

Hero (t800)
MP2 (t800)
MP3 (t865)
CO (t785)
Button (t790)
SB (t785)
BB (t715)
UTG (t1575)
UTG+1 (t885)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls t15, UTG+1 calls t15, Hero calls t15, MP2 calls t15, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises to t30</font>, CO calls t30, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls t20, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls t15, UTG+1 calls t15, Hero calls t15, MP2 calls t15.

Flop: (t225) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets t100</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls t100, SB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero ?

rjb03
10-23-2004, 03:50 PM
I usually give it up here, but I'd like to see some other responses. With the early position players still to act and one caller already, I figure I'm probably drawing to the A/images/graemlins/spade.gif or one of the three non-spade tens. I don't like investing too much into an unraised pot because I can't really put anyone on a hand. I also would not like the sight of a check raise from EP. You're either going to lose a lot of chips when a spade comes down or win a little bit more as most spades will not give you too much action, but there is already a decent amount in the pot. As for KQ at a passive table, I limp here a good percentage of the time. I don't get to showdown with it much at an early stage though.

lorinda
10-23-2004, 04:37 PM
Ignore the pot odds here, not only will you lose too often, but this table is completely bonkers.

Save your chips, looks like someone is going to pay you off later.

Lori

RobGW
10-23-2004, 06:20 PM
You have outs to your overcards, a straight draw, and a flush draw. Any of these draws may or may not be good enough. With only two other players, I wouldn't necessarily give them credit for the flush or the As although that is a possibility. See how the action goes on the turn. I think it may depend on my reads of these players but I think I would probably take one card off and see what comes.