PDA

View Full Version : NL $50 shorthanded - comments needed on this hand

BlueBear
10-23-2004, 03:21 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 max, 6 handed)

CO ($43.50)
Button <font color="purple">(Villain)</font> ($100.15)
SB ($40.35)
Hero ($93.50)
UTG ($166.50)
MP ($28)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $1, MP folds, CO calls $1, <font color="CC3333">Button <font color="purple">(Villain)</font> raises to $6</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $11</font>, UTG folds, CO folds, Button <font color="purple">(Villain)</font> calls $5.

Flop: ($24.50) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, Villain calls $25.

Turn: ($74.50) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Villain bets $25</font>, Hero calls $25.

River: ($124.50) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets $32.5 (All-In)</font>, Villain calls $32.50.

Final Pot: $189.50

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has Ac Kd (one pair, kings).
Villain has Ad Qd (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Villain wins $189.50. </font>

Villain is very LAG (55/15). Any comments of my play?

amoeba
10-23-2004, 06:24 PM
I don't like reraise preflop with AK, just call it. That would reduce your pot size and thus reduce your info bet on the flop. Also, you don't need to bet full pot for semibluff/infobet, 1/2 to 2/3 pot is good enough. Hes only calling if he has Ad or overpair.

once he stops and goes on the turn, you are done. Fold the turn to his bet.

cockandbull
10-23-2004, 08:21 PM
if the villian is so lag, i'd reraise more preflop to $16-20. from there the, i'd then bet 2/3 pot on the flop and hope to take it down there.

BlueBear
10-24-2004, 02:15 AM
I completely agree with you cockandbull. Without being results-orientated here, the advantage of reraising more preflop is that there is an added advantage because there is a chance my opponent will fold.

JaBlue
10-24-2004, 04:51 AM
Fold the turn.

schwah
10-24-2004, 08:26 AM
if you're gonna make a reraise preflop, you should make one big enough so that he's not automatically getting odds to play it. especially when you're out of position like you were. you need to either flat call there and be willing to give up on a bad flop, or pop it back to $20-25.

BobboFitos
10-24-2004, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disgaree. I think this is results oriented in the fact that you're drawing dead. Villain bets 1/3 pot, and most of the time the K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif is live. Thus you're calling 25 to win 100, plus he has an extra 35ish or so for the river. 9 outs on the river so 37:9, so it's profitable if you can win the rest of the end.

That said, the hand was played very badly.
1. Dont min raise preflop.
2. You dont need a pot bet on a monotone flop here. As a semibluff I'd bet 2/3 maybe, it leaves more for the turn when you hit or allows you to fold if he sets you in, for example. (Otherwise, as you were, you were a bit more tied to the pot) Or, if you reraise more preflop, you can bet it ALL on the flop, (manpulating pot sizes) so your semibluff allows you to see two cards and not one.
3. Yeah, you're going to call the all in on the river now, but he might not if you set him in with just your pair of kings. He really (probably) wont call with worse unless he makes a crying call with Qx Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for example. It also lets him bluff the lone diamond ace. But really, you're going to pay this off, but let him bet it.