PDA

View Full Version : Kerry caught on tape fleeing the Capital

GWB
10-23-2004, 02:19 PM
A BBC report on 9/12/01 shows events in the US in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks. About a minute into this report you can see John Kerry fleeing the capitol building.

BBC Video (real player) (http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1535000/video/_1537652_washington_watson05_vi.ram)

Matty
10-23-2004, 04:15 PM
It looks like he's taking a casual stroll, looking around calmly while the people behind him are fleeing.

This was sure worth making a thread for though. Thanks.

anatta
10-23-2004, 04:22 PM
Take it easy, you can still win without Ohio. Now is not the time to panic.

Matty
10-23-2004, 04:55 PM
And the fact that Kerry is dominating in early voting ... well that's actually good news for you! Because ... well ...

Never mind.

PITTM
10-23-2004, 05:54 PM
wow, your point is well taken. bush did a much better job by sitting there with a blank look on his face and THEN fleeing to an undisclosed location. i dont understand why you post so much partisan crap, its obnoxious.

rj

lastchance
10-23-2004, 06:23 PM
So? The Capitol building could very likely be attacked as well. I do not see the point of your post. I don't see how Kerry is a pussy because he left a place which would be bombed.

wacki
10-23-2004, 06:39 PM
GWB, do you realize your blatant spin actually hurts the real Bush? I'm voting for Bush but everytime you post crap that is spun out of proportion it makes me want to switch votes out of spite.

GWB
10-23-2004, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
GWB, do you realize your blatant spin actually hurts the real Bush? I'm voting for Bush but everytime you post crap that is spun out of proportion it makes me want to switch votes out of spite.

[/ QUOTE ]

The spin is all in your mind. I merely reported what was found in an old BBC report (the word "fleeing" was used by the BBC reporter). I post interesting articles for comment by the posters here, it is you who are interpreting the content of these articles (or video) as an attack.

wacki
10-23-2004, 07:03 PM
What about the Theresa attacking Laura Bush thread?

GWB
10-23-2004, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about the Theresa attacking Laura Bush thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

Same deal. The article clearly showed Theresa in a bad light, for which she later apologized. I didn't make it up, I just passed the information along.

How people respond to these stories says a lot about how they think. The conclusions that you jump to are your own.

lastchance
10-23-2004, 07:27 PM
And your title, "kerry caught on tape fleeing the capital" has no spin whatsoever to it?

Seriously, half the things you post here aren't worth us taking a look at.

Our conclusion is that time after time, you have posted partisan rhetoric which has been consistently shot down, even when you managed to fool some of us, (like me), in some (Teresa attacking Laura thread) threads.

Apparently, these [ QUOTE ]
Attacking Mary Cheney wasn't enough.
Attacking my daughters wasn't enough.
Now Theresa is attacking my wife.

Teresa Heinz Kerry says she doesn't know if first lady Laura Bush has ever had "a real job"

Apparently being a teacher and a librarian are not "real" jobs to Theresa.

[/ QUOTE ] aren't conclusions.

wacki
10-23-2004, 07:40 PM
Agreed. Lastchance, as usual, good post. GWB you duped me as well on that post. I don't mind when you post partisan stuff like the "Got Wood" pics. Those were actually funny. But when I take your word on something and then make an ass out of myself by insulting Teresa for the wrong reasons I get very angry. I no longer can take your word on anything and I have to be very critical of what you say. I came to 2+2 to get away from that, and you are only causing more of it.

Here is the thread if anyone wants to read it:

Mrs. Kerry attacks Mrs. Bush (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1155689&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1)

GWB
10-23-2004, 07:47 PM
Every thing in those posts was stright forward:

[ QUOTE ]
caught on tape

[/ QUOTE ]

a common expression

[ QUOTE ]
fleeing

[/ QUOTE ]

BBC reporter used term

[ QUOTE ]
Teresa Heinz Kerry says she doesn't know if first lady Laura Bush has ever had "a real job"

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a quote from the article

If you guys want to nit-pick, go ahead, but the spin is already there. The MSM reports stories with a point of view and I am happy to add my views too (as does everyone on the board), but the fact remains if you see this as some sort of heavy spin - that it is your perception not necessarily reality.

You are free to respond with your own spin if you don't like the gist of the article I have linked, but I can do the same. Are you trying to quash my right to an opinion here?

GWB
10-23-2004, 07:52 PM
Are you admitting that you didn't originally read the article I linked? I think you are, in fact in one of your posts in the Theresa thread you pretty much admit to this. I link these articles for you to read before you respond. Take some responsibility for your actions. I want to start a good discussion about a topic, and you throw out opinions without reading stuff, and then complain later.

lastchance
10-23-2004, 08:44 PM
The real heart of the matter is that some of these topics ARE NOT WORTH DISCUSSING IN THE FIRST PLACE. Like this issue. This isn't worth discussing.

In fact, the only reason you brought this topic was to try to equate John Kerry to a pussy for leaving the Capitol building on 9/11. We have agreed that this point is total BS, and should have not been brought up.

While some points you bring up are clearly relevant, this particular point is, in fact, entirely irrelevant. I do not see how this point is at all relevant.

GWB
10-23-2004, 08:57 PM
Some topics are just fun or interesting. They don't have to be earth shattering, and you don't have to reply to them.

Talking about funny, check out these pictures:

http://www.drudgereport.com/hkb.jpg

http://www.drudgereport.com/hkbb.jpg

lastchance
10-23-2004, 09:33 PM
Well, I don't think most people think this is interesting, in fact, I feel only Republicans feel this would be something to pounce on.

As for the pictures, /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Heh, Teresa certainly is a free spirit, loose cannon, whatever you want to call her.

andyfox
10-23-2004, 11:39 PM
And to think that at one time I thought you made a lot more sense than the real GWB. It's a toss-up now.

$DEADSEXE$
10-24-2004, 12:47 AM
GWB you may think those pics are funny but if history repeats itself..which it always does, Bush's face won't look so happy on Nov 2nd...
that approval rating doesn't seem to want to climb above 48

Matty
10-24-2004, 05:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
GWB you may think those pics are funny but if history repeats itself..which it always does, Bush's face won't look so happy on Nov 2nd...
that approval rating doesn't seem to want to climb above 48

[/ QUOTE ]But ... but... that's just because America is divided politically, and has been since 2000.

Never mind that Clinton had approval ratings in the 60's in 2000.

http://gallery.johnkerry.com/data/photos/medium/ec35d9c7-cf75-48d0-b766-d5bb0b609609.jpg

http://gallery.johnkerry.com/data/photos/medium/3a793f8c-c132-4c9d-a979-4fdbf78fd5ef.jpg