PDA

View Full Version : AJs what can i do differently?

Omaha8Player
10-23-2004, 01:39 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (5 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

elitegimp
10-23-2004, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

good

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: (5 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

what hands do you think SB will bet into a pre-flop raiser with, and then 3-bet? Are you ahead of enough of them for this cap to be a good play?

[ QUOTE ]

Turn: (6.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, SB is betting in to you after you cap the flop, and you still think TPTK is good? At this point (him betting into you), I think you need to consider two-pair or a flopped set as possible holdings.

[ QUOTE ]

River: (12.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would raise here also, hoping not to get 3-bet. If you're lucky, you just beat JT; from how this has been played, I think you're behind 44 or TT (believing that SB would re-raise preflop w/ JJ, QQ, or KK)

Omaha8Player
10-23-2004, 01:54 PM
Ok so i shuld have called this hand down then and bet the river?

Entity
10-23-2004, 02:00 PM
If you have no notes/reads on SB:

Raise the flop, call a 3-bet.
Call the turn.
Raise the river, call a 3-bet.

Rob

GrunchCan
10-23-2004, 02:01 PM
PF: fine.
Flop: Call the 3-bet - see below.
Turn: Check-call.
River: fine.

Think about the sorts of hands someone would CC an UTG raise PF with, and then go nuts with on that flop. JT is and 80% probablility, I'd say, but reads would be helpful. The fact that the opponent is on the SB might loosen his requirements somewhat to make things like T9 or J9 possible, but even then JT is still the favorite.

elitegimp
10-23-2004, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok so i shuld have called this hand down then and bet the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly what Entity said, but I like the flop raise... it isn't until the 3-bet that I think you need to worry (if for some reason I had called a PF raise with QJ or KJ, I'd bet into the raiser with this flop).

But yeah, call the 3-bet on the flop, call the turn, then raise the river (and call a 3-bet).

Greg J
10-23-2004, 02:42 PM
I actually like the flop cap. I do think you have to just call the turn though, and yes, raise the river.