PDA

View Full Version : Two "Crying" calls!

02-20-2002, 07:18 PM
Hello,Stud Analysts!

1/5 loose-passive game Nice pots! no ante

Hand #1

3-way action on 4th Str.

Afte jamming the pot on 3rd with split K's,a loose player and a good player call.

I continued the drive on 4th with two split pairs--K's and 9's . One of my 9's was out.

Loose player calls while good player raises!

Good player is showing a small suited connector.

What would you do on 4th St.???

Will continue with this hand later.

Hand#2

Same players 3-way action on 4th.

I jammed on 3rd with buried A's and a small upcard.

Loose player calls my raise and good player calls.

No one apparently showed no improvement on 4th St.

I continued the drive.

On 5th,all "rags". I continued the drive .

Loose player calls while good player raises!

Good player seems to have a str8.!

What would you do on 5th???

Will continue with hand later!

Happy Pokering,

Sitting Bull

02-20-2002, 07:43 PM
1. Raise on hand one and bet out on fifth if he catches bad. he is not going for a free card probably but has two small pair or a pair of aces in the hole. or worse, which is even better for you. if he has a draw then there is no harm in knocking the other player out, but you gain if he calls anyway so you have the best of both worlds here.

2. What do you mean by "good?" if he will raise on the come hoping to knock you out if you have a small pair then you should at least call. But if he is thatgood he is probably wasting his time at 1-5, as are you by the way :-) Against most 1-5 players you can assume that you are beaten here and can fold since you showed enough strength that his raise means at least trips since most players will not raise here with two small pair.

Pat

02-20-2002, 08:50 PM

02-21-2002, 05:08 AM
Hello,Pat,

My personal definition of a "good" player is one who applies the recommendations in Roy West's primer for 10-20 and lower limits. This player has diligently studied West's book and is following his guidelines.

There are,however,other definitions of "good" player.

Sitting Bull

02-21-2002, 02:11 PM
judging by most 1-5 tables I've played at if they know the order of hands they're half way to being "good"